Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

I really hope you find your car. Disregard the negative comments. I think i would have done the same thing as you, go to one of the largest VW sites for help. That's what the forums are for.

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words, that was my thinking when I posted. the SAMBA reaches out to many area's. I could never do it without them. I have met and talked with people with high regards to this site.
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

I looked for photos from the 2012 Bug Jam event where the video was made, and found another pic, here on the samba: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=991954

Unfortunately it doesn't show any more detail than can be seen in the video.
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

The OP can reach out to that member and see if they recall that car or the owner. Bump!
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

I think the smartest thing to do would be to contact the Bug Jam organizers and see if they still have a record of entries from 2012.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

So, I had some spare time & love looking for Type 3 images. I found this.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Not sure as the vintage of the image, it was on Bing custom type 3 images.
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

A quick Google search of the photographer's name came up with the below Facebook page with the photographer's phone number (in North Carolina).

https://m.facebook.com/Edwin-D%C3%A1vila-Photography-109515935759512/
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
So, I had some spare time & love looking for Type 3 images. I found this.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Not sure as the vintage of the image, it was on Bing custom type 3 images.

From 2009: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29475621@N07/3254170056/in/pool-951969@N20/

I doubt the photographer would remember any details about it.

It would probably be easier to search for if we had the model year for it.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

I thought the license plate might help out. We have been looking for a Florida car(?)
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:

It would probably be easier to search for if we had the model year for it.

Looks like a 1967.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

I haven't checked the site in a while. Boy I've missed alot. Yes that is a '67 and most importantly that's MY Sinthia. tears came to my families eyes. Miss her terribly. Any contacts would be helpful in the home stretch. Thank you Thank you. ..
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

1oldkid1 wrote:
I haven't checked the site in a while. Boy I've missed alot. Yes that is a '67 and most importantly that's MY Sinthia. tears came to my families eyes. Miss her terribly. Any contacts would be helpful in the home stretch. Thank you Thank you. ..

Are those your old plates in the pictures? If not we can assume they are plates for the new owner's, which would be a lead.

Otherwise, I still think contacting the Bug Jam organizers and seeing if they have records of entrants from 2012 would be the best bet.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
1oldkid1 wrote:

Are those your old plates in the pictures? If not we can assume they are plates for the new owner's, which would be a lead.

Otherwise, I still think contacting the Bug Jam organizers and seeing if they have records of entrants from 2012 would be the best bet.

I feel "we" have been helping out 1oldkid1 & he has not followed any of our advice. I thought the plat thing would be helpful, but maybe not. Confused Confused
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
1oldkid1 wrote:

Not my plates,
dirtslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

I can't take it anymore. Christ Guy! We can all assume they're not your plates! Look at the plate, write down the numbers, contact the DMV for that state and see if someone will do you a solid and run it. If that doesn't work, try the Police department. If that doesn't work, try reaching out to the person who's Facebook was listed above, everyone has pretty much held your hand here!

Sorry for the rant, but your lack.of any effort has finally driven me crazy. I hope I can refrain from ever clicking this thread again!!! Good luck in your lack of search, I hope someone finds it for you. Crap, I might even look for it and buy it.
1956 Baja
1960 Sand Rover buggy
1965 Street bug
1967 Squareback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

dirtslinger wrote:
I can't take it anymore. Christ Guy! We can all assume they're not your plates! Look at the plate, write down the numbers, contact the DMV for that state and see if someone will do you a solid and run it. If that doesn't work, try the Police department. If that doesn't work, try reaching out to the person who's Facebook was listed above, everyone has pretty much held your hand here!

The DMV and the police better not tell you ANYTHING, that is wildly unprofessional and against the law in a lot (all?) states.

The Facebook thing seems like a good idea though.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
dirtslinger wrote:

The DMV and the police better not tell you ANYTHING, that is wildly unprofessional and against the law in a lot (all?) states.

The Facebook thing seems like a good idea though.

They won't, but there are companies that will look this stuff up for anybody who pays them. As for legality of it, I'm just assuming they haven't been sued out of business yet, or there must be some particular loophole in the state they're based in.

I'd still just contact the Bug Jam folks and see if they have a record of entrants from that year, there'd be nothing (so far as I can see) illegal about asking, although by now the car may have gone on to other owners.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

If I want info on a car, I can (legally) take the vin & $20.00 to the dmv & do a used car package. Ontario, Canada decided a few years ago to start this program, if I buy a used car it must have a background check for damages, liens, etc. This will also give me the names of all the owners who have had this vehicle.
This has also created a bit of an issue for people knowing where you live. I keep my vin covered for this reason & do not post pictures of the vin plate.
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
If I want info on a car, I can (legally) take the vin & $20.00 to the dmv & do a used car package. Ontario, Canada decided a few years ago to start this program, if I buy a used car it must have a background check for damages, liens, etc. This will also give me the names of all the owners who have had this vehicle.
This has also created a bit of an issue for people knowing where you live. I keep my vin covered for this reason & do not post pictures of the vin plate.

Here in The United States not able to get that kind of info. Peoples information is guarded for safety. At best only a state location is available if you have a Vin#. Thanks for the Laws in your Provence. I wouldn't be this far without people helping people, I'm not ungrateful for the efforts of most, yes I'm relying on the power of the Samba " Thank You "
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

contact the photographer and see if he can get you the entrant info off the sheet on the windshield. His copy will be much higher resolution, and he may have more pictures of the car.

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: