Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to?
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
airshac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

We are working hard to have Festy Westy ready for several festivals this spring and summer. The first one will be Merlefest at the end of April and it will be our first bus camping experience! After that its Roosterwalk in May and Floydfest in July. All of these are within a 3 hour drive so it should be a good way to test things out in the bus. Hopefully throwing other festivals (Lockn') in also.
Which ones do you take your buses to?

http://merlefest.org/

http://roosterwalk.com/

http://floydfest.com/

http://www.locknfestival.com/

1971 Westfalia adventure wagon Festy Westy.

1977 Tintop, Weekender conversion in progress.
VanInTheDistrict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

The Weekender is almost out of the shop, and I'll be taking it to Merlefest from DC. Is there a campground at which the westys tend to congregate? I've camped at the VFW in the past.
airshac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

VanInTheDistrict wrote:
The Weekender is almost out of the shop, and I'll be taking it to Merlefest from DC. Is there a campground at which the westys tend to congregate? I've camped at the VFW in the past.

We usually camp at the VFW, the past three years, but there aren't too many Westy there, as you probably know. And I don't remember seeing many at the Riverside campground. Maybe sewerfest the fire department campground...?

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

We have been doing the Four Corners Folk festival in Pagosa Springs Colorado. It's close to home and my wife vends her jewelry there. It's a 4 day Festivel with on site camping. Since we are vendors we get camping right up front.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.folkwest.com/#!fourcornersfolkfestival/c1alk
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
airshac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
We have been doing the Four Corners Folk festival in Pagosa Springs Colorado. It's close to home and my wife vends her jewelry there. It's a 4 day Festivel with on site camping. Since we are vendors we get camping right up front.

http://www.folkwest.com/#!fourcornersfolkfestival/c1alk

That looks like fun! I have been a vendor at a few festivals it definitely has its perks.
I was born in Ouray and spent a lot of my youth in the Craig/Steamboat Springs area. I'd love to make it to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival some year.

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

The Tride Bluegrass is super fun. Be done that weekend several times without tickets and just kicked it in Tride and partied. There is a good spot on the other side of the valley from the event that you can hear the music at. Last summer we went to The Ride Festival in Tride. It was super fun and headlined both nights by Widespread. We got a really nice condo in Mountain Village and left the bus at home.

https://www.telluride.com/telluride-festivals-and-events

If you want to do a Tride festival and want to camp in your bus at the event, or as close as you can get. You have to camp in Town Park, you can try to call but I'm pretty sure its first come first served. Since you are in your bus make sure you state that you want RV parking, we've made that mistake before. However if you don't more driving 10 min to the free parking garage in Mtn Village and taking the gondola (no pass needed), you can camp near buy. Sunshine is the pay campground, which is inexpensive and really nice. Right across from there is Alta Lakes which is all NF and offers great free camping.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
airshac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Music festival season is coming up. Which ones do you go to? Reply with quote

VanInTheDistrict wrote:

Did you get your camper out of the shop and have you decided on a campground for Merlefest?
Our bus isn't quite ready for the trip so we'll just be tent camping Sad at the VFW.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: