Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

western canadians
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: western canadians Reply with quote

lets see how many we got representing the west side of the great white north. i figure b.c., alberta and saskatchewan is canada west. tell us where you're at and what you're up to, eh!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Edmonton, just got back from watching the Golden Bears smoke the Dinos in hockey playoffs! Go Bears! Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Type2meister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jason, I met you a couple weeks ago at your work. I'm in Vancouver too and driving our '70 Westfalia every day!
Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type2meister wrote:
Hey Jason, I met you a couple weeks ago at your work. I'm in Vancouver too and driving our '70 Westfalia every day!
Paul

who's jason?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KG1500S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sittin' in Calgary, waiting for the snow to melt...

Ian
'65 T34
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ian.

is your type 34 the red and black one that was recently featured in hot vw's?
KG1500S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the one.

Ian
'65 T34
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a beautifull car. i have grown quite fond of the looks of a type 34. there is a guy on cal-look.com named eric justus that races a black & white primered type 34. i think he's in the high 12's.

i got to see your car up close last year at the great canadian vw show. super clean and very well restored. nice feature in hotvws aswell. great job ian.

are you coming to the show again this year?
KG1500S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. You would have seen the car the same day those HotVW pic's were taken, right after the Grt Cdn last summer.

I'm still negotiating with the wife on whether Vancouver will be a repeat this year, as it conflicts badly with some family stuff going on around the same time. Vancouver's a super show though, so I hope I can make it work this year again. I heard the show dates got moved up a week, so that might help.

Eric seems to be having a blast holding up the torch for the dragracer side of the T34 scene. That car of his has gotta be the quickest T3 Ghia out there, must be something to see in person...

Ian
'65 T34
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great canadian is the weekend of the 15th in august. it would be great if you could make it.

i figured that the car was shot that day. i saw dean kirsten talking to some guy (you) for some time and the area that the car was shot in looks familiar. by the concession just up past the swap area.

go to cal-look.com and click onto the audio/video section. there is a video titled "carlsbad 2003" that has some bad ass racing. eric justus and lee gong and scott bakken going at it.

also, check out airspeedparts.com and the forums there. there are some albertans that are frequent users.

now where are the rest of the western canadians? come on people. i know you're out there.
Type2meister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bungle wrote:
Type2meister wrote:
Paul

who's jason?

Ooops, sorry Mr Bungle, you're not who I thought you were. One should never assume I guess.....anyhow, yes Ian, your Type 34 rules. It was great to see it and meet you at the Airspeed open house. I especially love the gas heater and the 'flash to pass' turn signal, for some reason!!
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem t2meister.

what does your westy look like? where in van are you? maybe i have seen you about.
Type2meister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bungle wrote:
no problem t2meister.

what does your westy look like? where in van are you? maybe i have seen you about.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I've got a '70 Westfalia and I live at Oak and 7th....how about you?
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the state of my current ride.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i'm at 12th & yukon.

i'm pretty sure i've seen you driving the westy up and down 12th a bunch of times. nice to know a neighbour in the hood.
Type2meister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Keep us posted on the progress of it.
You're lucky to have a garage...I'd give just about anything for one around here.
Nightfall_bc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '71 bus and I live in Vancouver. Well Vancouver and Surrey when they kick me out of UBC residence during the summer to be technical...
jason_hamilton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type2meister wrote:
Mr. Bungle wrote:
Type2meister wrote:
Paul

who's jason?

Ooops, sorry Mr Bungle, you're not who I thought you were. One should never assume I guess.....anyhow, yes Ian, your Type 34 rules. It was great to see it and meet you at the Airspeed open house. I especially love the gas heater and the 'flash to pass' turn signal, for some reason!!

I think he meant me.
I work at Wilkinson's Automobilia on Ontario off Broadway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Type2meister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think he meant me.
I work at Wilkinson's Automobilia on Ontario off Broadway.

That is correct, hello then Jason!
garetlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a rusty 66 21 window and live around Main St. in Vancouver. There is a 60's Riviera around too...

-lookin' for a good garage - heard good things about the Bug Shop in Delta anyone been there?

Richard
Mr. Bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pay no attention to major wood, he's drunk again.

hey richard, do you drive your 66? also, are you talkin about the green riviera?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: