Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My new 1947 beetle
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

i just recently picked up the 47 beetle that was on here a couple weeks ago. The car came from Randy, a kubel and schwimwagen guru in Dayton, Ohio. I do not know my exact plans as of yet with the car other than stare and learn what I can a while. Currently the car is sitting on a split deluxe pan with split seats. However front end and transaxle are original to the 47 body. I also have with it a 47 beetle pan.

Missing lots of pieces but for starters I am looking for 47 ribbed steering wheel, decklid, hood and info on the difference in 47 seats as opposed to the '50s split seats I have with it. Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1968buglogan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

Oh! You were the one who bought it! Good! So I was wondering though, how much was the seller asking for it? I was curious. And good luck with the project!
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

Sick! Splits are the best! Plus amazingly hard to find people who really know what came with it. I'm so thankful for the correct literature. Post your progress. Congrats.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

If/when you want to replace the wiring LMK. Looks like you have a lot of original wires there and I'd be interested in the details. I have '46, '48, '49 .... harnesses for reference, but not a '47. I only have pics of pieces of an original '47. I am pretty sure they are very close to the '46s. I have been building split and Heb harnesses since 2003 and I can give you credit for the original if you will want a new one and are willing to part with the original.

Congrats, great find.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rod_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

When it comes to the upholstery I have a new stock of 'Salt & Pepper' pattern if you are interested. See http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1910904
It was produced for my '46.

1946 Beetle (Back on the road after over 50 years! Last major outing - Hessisch Oldendorf 2022)
2016 T6 Selfbuild Camper and a LWB MAN TGE in build.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
I have '46, '48, '49 .... harnesses for reference, but not a '47. I only have pics of pieces of an original '47. I have been building split and Heb harnesses since 2003 and I can give you credit for the original if you will want a new one and are willing to part with the original.

John, I PM'd you.
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
RichOakley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

Great car, iit's not every day that a '47 comes up for sale. I've known about it for a long time and wondered if it would ever be sold. I have a 45-48 steering wheel in good shape if you want to drop me a PM....
1957 RHD Pitt-Moto Type 2 Camper
1959 RHD Beetle
1966 RHD Type 3 Fastback
1976 RHD Sun Beetle
61 type1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

Did this one originally come out of Frankfort Kentucky?
panscraper_deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

That didn't take long....

Hope to see it in its' glory someday
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

It's back up for sale in case you guys are interested.
kevm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1947 beetle Reply with quote

Cool car, very rare to see one so early for sale. Can you tell us a bit more about its history, where was it found?

What's going on with the front end, later fuel tank bolt holes? And bonnet catch tube etc, later front end or just mods? does it have the flat front panel behind the wheel well?

cheers
Kev
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: