Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Eric Arnold Photography presents
VWs in the Gorge
Cathedral Gorge State Park – Panaca, NV
October 21-23, 2016

Friday & Saturday night camping: $40 per vehicle
(The state park entrance fee is included in this price)

Cathedral Gorge State Park is near Panaca, NV (160 miles North East of Las Vegas).

The park has 22 developed campsites, each of which can accommodate 2 to 3 VWs.
Each site has a fire ring, grill, picnic table, and shade structure.
Developed campsites have power available for an extra $10 per night. This is not included in the $40 event fee.

The State Park will be open to the general public during the event. Developed sites are available on a first come, first serve basis (you can double/triple up within a site).
Overflow camping is available in non-developed sites for our event if needed.

The campground has restrooms with flush toilets and showers.
Firewood is available for purchase at the campground if you do not wish to bring your own.

Things to do:
Hiking (there are many designated trails in the park)
Explore the slot canyons carved by erosion over thousands of years
Scenic views
Star Gazing
Relaxing!

No car show, no trophies, just family, friends, camping and good times!

State Park Rules:
Drive only on designated roadways
Fires in provided fire rings and grills only
Pets must be on leashes no longer than 6 feet.
Quiet hours are 10pm-7am <Strictly Enforced>

Questions? Contact Eric Arnold at [email protected]

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1046006812111832/

Eric Arnold Photography
https://www.facebook.com/EricArnoldPhotography/
https://ericarnoldphotography.com/

My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

A quick thanks to Wolfsburg West for sending some goodies for the event!
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

**Update**

All proceeds from VWs in the Gorge will be donated to The Animal Foundation in Las Vegas, NV.
Their mission is to save the lives of all healthy and treatable animals in the Las Vegas valley. It's also where I adopted both of my dogs!

Hope to see you in October!
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table at Blackstar and picked up a flyer.

The question I got the most was what the weather will be like. The average high temp for October is 67 degrees, with the average low is 40, so pack your buddy heater and bring some firewood! Wink
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

A little over two months until the campout!
Any questions? List them here.

Hope to see you there!
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

VWs In the Gorge is coming up quickly! If you have any questions at all, please post them up!
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

We have two one-year subscriptions to Volkswagen Camper & Commercial Magazine that we will be giving away.
Every VW that attends will get a free raffle ticket, additional tickets will be sold for $1 each.
All proceeds from the raffle will also go to The Animal Foundation in Las Vegas.

See you in a month!
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

Quick update:
Every VW attending will get a window sticker, show magnet, one free raffle ticket for the magazine subscription giveaway, and a goodie bag with some fun stuff inside!

The weather looks pretty good at this point (just under 3 weeks out), with the high temp around 75, and the lows around 45.

See you soon!
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

VWs in the Gorge is in the books! In all, we had 15 VWs and two support vehicles in attendance.
Camping, hiking, mountain biking, and some folks even found a nearby hot spring! The nights were chilly, but the starry sky was amazing!

A huge thank you to everyone who made it out to Cathedral Gorge. It means a lot that you all would trust me to organize an event worth traveling to.
There may not have been many of us, but I believe everyone had a good time, and we managed to raise some money for a worthy cause.

Here’s the breakdown:

Animal Foundation donation: $130

Split Buses : 2
Bay Buses : 6
Vanagons : 4
T5 Van : 1
Bugs : 1
Notchbacks : 1

States Represented:
Nevada : 13
California : 1
Utah : 1
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

Photos are up!

Facebook users can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/EricArnoldPhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1263530623707904

Non-facebook folks can see them here: https://ericarnoldphotography.com/2016/10/25/vws-in-the-gorge-2016/

Thanks!
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

The sky was absolutely amazing at night!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Camping and the Milky Way by Eric Arnold, on Flickr
My Photography Page.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in the Gorge - Panaca, NV - October 21-23, 2016 Reply with quote

I did a recent website upgrade, so the new link to the photos from the event is https://www.ericarnoldphotography.com/vws-in-the-gorge-2016/

Thanks, hope to see you in 2017!
My Photography Page.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: