Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

65' Father-Daughter project
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Picked up a 1965 bug w/ pretty much everything to complete it included, body is straight and pan only has surface rust.
No title though, just a bill of sale.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This photo was the day we went to go and look at it, as you can see doors are off and needs back window and rear side windows put in.
Horrible paint on it though, hoping that later on I can try and get it back down to original.
Pretty much my plans is to try to find all stock parts (most are) and to slam it and bring it down to original paint plus touch up the primer spots.

Picked it up Saturday, and put the doors and hood on would have gotten more done but it's Oregon so the weather at the moment is pretty crappy.

I'll probably only be able to work on it on weekends with my dad because we don't have a garage and we're keeping it at a friends at the moment but if your interested I'll keep posting.

Last edited by hoandtina on Sun May 15, 2016 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

Looks like a great start!
Post away! Smile

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

How's the engine?
All_talk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

Great looking project.

I don't know how Oregon is about titles but I would get that sorted out before I got too much invested in it, just to be safe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:
How's the engine?

Engine had been previously rebuilt, not put in just need cylinders and to clean it up a bit and it should be running.

Last edited by hoandtina on Sun May 01, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

All_talk wrote:
Great looking project.

I don't know how Oregon is about titles but I would get that sorted out before I got too much invested in it, just to be safe.

Yeah but this is a project with my Dad, I won't be driving for a few months but yeah I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to get a title.
Ghosttowncs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

Sweet! Can't wait to see more.
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

In the meantime until this weekend I've been working on the smaller things like cleaning up the bumpers, windows, and headlights.
It sucks not having a garage, and only being able to work on the car on weekends.
In a month it'll be moved and hopefully I'll be able to work on it more often.

My plans for Saturday is to get all windows in, add trim, and put the headlights in.
If the weather isn't too bad I'll also start cleaning up the floor pans.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

hoandtina wrote:

It sucks not having a garage, and only being able to work on the car on weekends.

I can definitely relate! It sure slows down the progress. But don't let that keep you from getting work done. Slow and steady wins the race! Looking forward to updates.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
hoandtina wrote:

I can definitely relate! It sure slows down the progress. But don't let that keep you from getting work done. Slow and steady wins the race! Looking forward to updates.

Yeah, thankfully we're in the process of finding a house but it still won't be 4-8 months.
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Bug project Reply with quote

Couldn't really get anything done today, but figured out the basics of what I need to finish the car pretty much. (not like you can ever finish a bug)
I also talked to my grandmother and she agreed to me using her garage (she doesn't use it) as long as I return a favor to her.
Sorry for the bad quality, my brother took my camera for a car show.

hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Went to the Woodburn dragstrip yesterday, picked up two running 1741 bus engines that are ready to put into a bug, a tow bar, and a good exhaust. Later today we are going to be towing the bug into a garage, so I can finally get started on the project.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Well we likely crossed paths yesterday. I was there too Very Happy
Good swap meet and drags were outstanding. But hot as Hell! I went home at 12:30. I picked up a bubble head key, a window crank handle for my 67 and four dist. at $2.50 each. One turned out to be a Porsche 912 worth $150 Very Happy
Have a great day.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

All the best on your project!
Check this out for some inspiration and good tips . . . http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=656091
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Couldn't tow the car until today, glad I got it into a garage.
My plans for the weekend; finish cleaning up the floor pan, put the windows in and also replace the boots on the transaxle.
cjargo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Congrats on the daughter/Dad man cave. Looking forward to updates.

Popcorn
'67 Bus / Sundial - '59 Karmann Ghia
cjargo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Congrats on the daughter/Dad man cave. Looking forward for updates.

Popcorn
'67 Bus / Sundial - '59 Karmann Ghia
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

Nice project for the two of you bonding. Lets see her doing some wrenching. Oh what mom have to say about this project.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
hoandtina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Nice project for the two of you bonding. Lets see her doing some wrenching. Oh what mom have to say about this project.

Haha I'm actually the daughter that posted this, my mom said it was a piece of crap but my mom hasn't driven in like 10 years Cool
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: 65' Father-Daughter project Reply with quote

YGG!!

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: