Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

I have a 62 and drive it most everyday!!! Love it. I have this 1974 vw super beetle convertible. Every nut and bolt has been replaced it looks like. It has new floor, struts, shocks, front disk brakes and good paint. The engine had a small fire and burned up the hood so the engine was removed and sent to L.A. Products and rebuilt. Interior and convertible top needs finished but have New white top and new door panels. only 100 mile been put on this car since 94 and 29 was yesterday. Well need final tuning and finishing. It's 75% done Lots of custom body work. Was thinking about putting it on E-Bay. I have every receipts tons of portroid pictures "HAHA" That's been a long time... Well any help on a price I should ask for it? Thanks PS I am sure I miss a ton or stuff

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/img]

Last edited by rukind007 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

You have a limited buyers with those modifications. put it on e bay and hopefully it'll grab someone's fancy. Price is dependent on who's fancy it tickled.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mudpump
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Yup. That's gonna be a fun selling experience.
Ebay would be worth a shot I would also take it to VW shows, etc. Someone might find it a happy match
FeelthySanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Forget about ePay. Sure, they move many vehicles - but very few of any maker ever get anywhere close to FMV.
I had the same story w/ many unique parts which I've listed in the past there. However, when those same items went-up on TS Trader: GONZO!!

Bummer about the fire.
Enough clue..Whats that mean?
OldIronSpine wrote:
I'm not sure how compression works.
Turbos don't produce torque, they produce HP. Instead of torque.
The real problem with NA engines is you don't hear the nice whine of the turbo as it spools up.
Before I commit, I'm going to do more research because I don't really know what piston rings are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

FeelthySanchez wrote:
Forget about ePay. Sure, they move many vehicles - but very few of any maker ever get anywhere close to FMV.
I had the same story w/ many unique parts which I've listed in the past there. However, when those same items went-up on TS Trader: GONZO!!

Bummer about the fire.

I am going to run it up to some car shows around here . " Medina Ohio" see what happens I get people wanting to buy my 62 there all the time. Here's a picture of it.

Last edited by rukind007 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

"wanting to buy" and serious are 2 different things....Just sayin.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Best to put the rest of the engine tin on it before you drive it too far.
Chochobeef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

All that "fancy" empi stuff plastered on the engine is a huge turn off to most enthusiast. The clear red plastic stuff is pure garbage, and the chrome while nice looking, does not do a good job of transferring the heat away. Is that garden hose going to the breather box? Spark plug wires laying on the manifold heat tubes. Black painted engine case keeping the heat in, instead of letting it out.

I'm not sure I would offer more than 2500 for that. Crying or Very sad
air-h2o-air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

accurately describe the car will be in your best interest....it is NOT restored..so drop that adjective from your description. A flat out lie on immediate description puts a bad impression out immediately
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya

Last edited by rukind007 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Not one good thing to day about it !! Very nice... I use to think this was a good place with good people. Thanks
Bama Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Well, since no one has directly answered your basic question, I will. From what I see in you pictures and the fact you are in Ohio, I advise you to look for $4,500 or so. Ask $6000 OBO. You would then decide on the offers you get as good or not.

My opinion is that there is no more money there without setting around waiting/hoping for that perfect buyer who likes the uniqueness of it. Who knows...a year?

So, many of the opinions given here are spot on. Mine opinion is mine and you can use it or not. Best of luck with it. It is a decent looking car. I prefer stock.

Dave

1970 Beetle
1971 Super
1972 Baja

hellthorne wrote:
First off, I know i made stupid decisions that led to my predicament, so while you are welcome to tell me that I am an idiot for doing the things I did, please know that I am already aware of this.
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

air-h2o-air wrote:
accurately describe the car will be in your best interest....it is NOT restored..so drop that adjective from your description. A flat out lie on immediate description puts a bad impression out immediately

Being restored and restored never said it was finished!!!
Wpieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Eh- don't mind them. In my experiences with this site, it is, for the most part, not so much people trying to be mean, but being brutally honest and upfront with their opinions. I think some people were just making suggestions for things to do to the car to make it appealing to a broader audience, as everyone has different taste. For example, if I were to sell my car, I would do my best to revert it back to stock. Stock is usually more desireable for a vehicle as it gives a clean slate for the new owner to modify it to fit their taste. Good luck with selling your car!
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Bama Dave wrote:
Well, since no one has directly answered your basic question, I will. From what I see in you pictures and the fact you are in Ohio, I advise you to look for $4,500 or so. Ask $6000 OBO. You would then decide on the offers you get as good or not.

My opinion is that there is no more money there without setting around waiting/hoping for that perfect buyer who likes the uniqueness of it. Who knows...a year?

So, many of the opinions given here are spot on. Mine opinion is mine and you can use it or not. Best of luck with it. It is a decent looking car. I prefer stock.

Dave

Thanks Dave ! That all I was asking. I was hoping to get about 4.000 for it . It can sit in the back of my shop for anther 22 year just anther cool looking Toy in my eyes. I know it still needs work but I love working on them and talking with people everywhere I drive. I only work 12 miles from work and dive the 62 I just picked up for $1700 and put more then that into. Anyway Thanks PS I know the red Plastic stuff is junk and yes I put the tin back on it
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Wpieter wrote:
Eh- don't mind them. In my experiences with this site, it is, for the most part, not so much people trying to be mean, but being brutally honest and upfront with their opinions. I think some people were just making suggestions for things to do to the car to make it appealing to a broader audience, as everyone has different taste. For example, if I were to sell my car, I would do my best to revert it back to stock. Stock is usually more desireable for a vehicle as it gives a clean slate for the new owner to modify it to fit their taste. Good luck with selling your car!

Thanks I knew there had to be more happy owners on here HaHa
I am sorry to having a bad week.... Then it just seemed like everybody put down something I care about. So sorry
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Looks like a fun car.
I'd say $4500 +/-
As far as the term "restored"-------there are some people that insist that the word means "every nut, bolt, washer, ounce of grease, thumb print are EXACTLY as they were the moment the car rolled out of the Wolfsburg Womb". Don't let it bother you.
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

^^^My how the English language has fallen by the way side.
Restore (Verb) 1-To bring back to a former, original, or normal condition.
2-To reproduce or reconstruct in the original state.
So i myself would include every nut and bolt, if i used the word Restore Wink
While the Beetle in question looks nice, it is not restored.
rukind007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Well in my book if you take something that is not working and make something that is nice and works that is restored so chill out !!! REBUILT OK will that work for you guys? All I wanted was to enjoy the forum not get schooled on a misused work. Thanks I know.....

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling my 74 Please help with pricing!!1 Reply with quote

Well, some of us have tried to play nice---------------------too bad the same can't be said for you. Enjoy driving your car to your anger management classes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: