Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kubel Headlight Mount Bracket Rivets
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Kubel Headlight Mount Bracket Rivets Reply with quote

Although I've had the new Czech made wings for my Kubel for a few years now, it's only now that I'm getting around to fitting them, so that I can get the vehicle to Hessisch Oldendorf next year.

The wings basically come as a kit of parts, with strengtheners, reinforcement rings, and headlight mount brackets needing to be spot welded into place. Luckily I have the spot welder, now the challenge is to get everything into place & welded.

The bottom of the headlight unit sits in a dished bracket, and is adjustable by a 'ball & socket' type of arrangement, before tightening a nut. This headlight mount bracket was originally held in place by a number of rivets.

The question is: Does anyone know the number, size & postion of these rivets please? From pictures, they appear to be at 12, 3, 6 & 9 O'clock, with other rivets equidistant, in between these.

Many thanks for any help/pictures. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Kubel Headlight Mount Bracket Rivets Reply with quote

Having looked last night on a particular web-site, where they sell period parts, and generally have things right, I noticed that they have a superb picture gallery, http://ww2vw.com/galleries/kubelwagen-type-82-1940/

From this it seems that there were 5 rivets in the early
ier years, one at 6 O'clock, and the others equidistant to that one, and by the time 1945 arrived, there were none! Obviously as shortages had long set in in Germany. http://ww2vw.com/galleries/kubelwagen-type-21-1945/

If anybody has any further information, then I would still be keen to hear from them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: