Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy.
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Had a little time in between doctors appointments and thought I'd post some pix of my new paint job. I did post a couple earlier but these are of it all together. Enjoy.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I will put more on but the Wi Fi I'm using won't allow the whole bunch of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

The cup holders pivot under the seats. It's about the only good place I could find to make them for. They work great!
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

The buggy looks great, super clean execution, nicely detailed motor and I dig the IROC wheels. Enjoy a summer of fun driving!
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

The back works great for covering my battery and tool bag and its padded for my four legged furry son.
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Still need a cool gas door. It has to have a small round frame to fit the hood.

Yeah, they can get warm, but most surfaces can. But they have already saved a bunch of scuffs.

Thought you might like to see how I connected it. The grommet is a cut down intake rubber grommet. Fit perfect!

Hope you enjoyed!
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. I have some Ansen sprints that will eventually go on when I can muster the money for tires. 15"x14" wide. (Big ol fatty's!)😛😛
porkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Nice clean look'n ride! You know I was gonna say something negative about the horn button, but by the time I thought of what to say I started to like it. It's my style. Good luck with your machine!
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Me too... nice clean look. I like the way you shaped the sill plates ..and the way the rear down tubes appear to emerge as the engine cage.

Jim
Manx #2614
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

The windshield integrated into the roll cage is a really neat detail, and it let you get the matching rake between it and the rear hoop perfect.

Tell me more about those trick cup holders. Are they an off the shelf item, modified or custom made? I'm looking for an elegant solution for my Manxter.
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Very nice buggie. My fav-o-rite thing? The ignition coil cover.

VWoA factory trained line tech 75 till 90 or so
ASE Master Certification
VWoA Assoc. of Quality Technicians inductee (One of 25 in the five state southwest region)
La Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (San Angelo Chapter)
TCU ......GO FROGS!!!!!!
Manxdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Hey Andy
Here's a link to the cup holders
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=651847&highlight=
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Porkey,
I agree on the horn button. It is just a "make do" til I form one. I just can't seem to find one. It is some odd size. I make form one from copper or take a wheel cap and cut it down.

Andy, I guess by now you saw the link. I made them by bending 1/4" round stainless in an almost full loop to the size of a pop cup from a fast food store. Them wended on an 1/8" X1" stainless flat. My seat has a flat bar underneath it, towards the front and I drilled both for a 5/16" bolt and lock nut. I am very happy with them and my Hot Rod buddies are digging on them too. They share the same dilemma. The roll bar windshield is what rail buggy guys do. It just made sense, since I wasn't trying to keep it stock looking, to have less things to look past when driving.

Rug, we did that 40 years ago as 16 year olds. Some habits just die hard.

Thanks guys. I hope some people get some helpful ideas! I sure have from this sight. I try to give back as best I can.
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

Well done!
We're trying to incorporate some similar cage/windshield details into our new Tow'd.
How is the windshield glass retained?
And the cupholders, coil covery are nice touches.....

(With way more projects than spare time!)
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of my new paint and some features of my buggy. Reply with quote

On the windshield gasket, I am not home to post the actual number, etc. but suffice to say it is for a rail buggy. I can't remember right now but it might be made by Bugpack. (???) I used windshield urethane to secure it. Works well.

I have one more trick up my sleeve when I get them back and get them mounted. Stay tuned! I'll put it in another post. I'm actually excited about this one.
Later....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: