Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Summertime already?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Summertime already? Reply with quote

What the hell is going on here? Triple digit temps at the beginning of June. Confused

Just going to park my bug until November. Either that or piss off my 40hp motor and buy an AC kit.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

I've always considered June a summer month & it's only a few days away, at least you've got almost no humidity, we're low humidity at the current 67%. I think cusser was already talking about temps above 100 a couple weeks ago.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
What the hell is going on here? Triple digit temps at the beginning of June. Confused

Just going to park my bug until November. Either that or piss off my 40hp motor and buy an AC kit.

Move from Modesto to down here in the L.A basin, home of "June gloom." My favorite time of year--long days, moderate temps. You can move back when the Santa Anas kick in here.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

Simple answer is to move. Stay indoors, drive a vehicle that has Air Conditioning.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

100* and 22% humidity sounds pretty nice. Come on down to S. Fla. We were in the low 90's yesterday with 94% humidity. Evil or Very Mad
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
100* and 22% humidity sounds pretty nice. Come on down to S. Fla. We were in the low 90's yesterday with 94% humidity. Evil or Very Mad

and I understand there is a shortage of anti monkey butt

and for those out there with sticky lady parts

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

That almost works, I could easily use one of those a week, but at 90+% humidity at 95+* for 3 months straight, you're going to be raw from achieving maximum testicular adhesion. I'm not looking forward to it.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
That almost works, I could easily use one of those a week, but at 90+% humidity at 95+* for 3 months straight, you're going to be raw from achieving maximum testicular adhesion. I'm not looking forward to it.

I love when's my wife's friend complains about how it's too cold in her office during the summer. She has to take a blanket to work. Lol. Meanwhile I'm dealing with my clothing catching fire from hot slag. Hello summer!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

it was awsome hear today.I dont have a clue as to the temps.Im used to it.it seems the beach is always nice even when there is snow on it. as for parking your vw.....wtf?it's a car!!!!, there made for racing & driving !!!so....just do it!!! Wink
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

Cal Army- did you guys get a little more rain this spring than last year? When I spent a day near you last July, it was absolutely arid! I was so worried about my friends and possibility of a fierce fire season down there. Anyway, I hope things are a little more green around you.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

We got a little more rain, but no where near enough -- -- They are going to have severe water issues still as Lake Mead is over 130 below the high water mark or at about only 37% capacity...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-lake-mead-low-20150429-story.html
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

One answer could be to Drain Lake Powell cause all of that sand stone sucks up water. Then Lake Mead would be full. The travel industry would die at lake Powel however.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
I think Cusser was already talking about temps above 100 a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, but that's typical for Phoenix. In 1988 it reached 100F in March. And it shouldn't reach 110F until this weekend......but I'll be in the cooler Arizona mountains then with Mrs. Cusser, and will meet up with gt1953 too !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

Nice late spring weather here in SoCal. Marine layer in the morning, but still bit breezy in the afternoon. About 70 or so.

We have some friends visiting here from Sweden and they said it was warmer when they left there than it is here now!
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

The Earth's Precession.

Nothing stays the same..

Link

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

my kid is driving to Montery, taking her time and seeing the sights,on her way to the grand canyon for 3 days today. sofar all the pics&snapchats she has sent didnt look too hot Shocked they kinda looked like a nice sunny 76degree days........ kinda funny unless you see snow it's hard to tell the temp's. I think Ill go to the beach today, it's always nice there.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

The first time I traveled to Phoenix, I flew out of Missoula, MT where it was sleeting sideways and 33 degrees. When I landed in Mesa at noon it was just under 100. That was April 1, a few years ago.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

Link
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

We have been debating on moving to the Phoenix area or, up north for over a
year and as for me i like the climate. Surprised

I spent time there in 1997 and i think it was a record summer there.I got off
the plane on July 13 and if i remember it was about 105* and within a few
days it was over 110*

I was staying at an hotel on Indian School Road & 17 (the freeway) by my 3rd
day i was out running on the levee behind the hotel after 9 pm.

the strange part while teaching there was after class around 1pm was driving
back to the hotel and not seeing a soul on the street.

my only drawback is the monsoons with NO gutters on the road and driving
through deep,deep water to the airport. Razz
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Summertime already? Reply with quote

I was raised in the Midwest so 90 degrees 90% humidity really sucked, but I worked outside in that weather,
Having lived in the SF Bay Area for 31 years even 80 degrees with 22% humidity is hot enough to keep me inside until sunset.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: