Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Found on the road treasures
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

One time I found a rebuilt dual port cylinder head! Had a little road rash, ended up using it on an engine.

Found a 2 foot screwdriver/pry bar.

Recently found a 6 inch crescent , a screwdriver, a Kobalt razor knife and stihl weed eater tool kit in a snap case with extra line. These items were all found at different times.

I've seen plenty of other items like flashlights and glasses.. Most of the time I don't stop if there is traffic behind me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
'Found by the road' can also mean STOLEN! Laughing

If it is a tool i find, I don't dare touch it. Especially if it is bloody. May have been used in a murder of sump'tin.

I did find a very large heavy tarp along I-80 before. It was very late nite and I saw it. I thought at first it was a dead body. I turned around...trailer and all to see what it was. It was a very heavy truck tarp. Took it home, cut it in several units and used them to cover stuff outside.

I also found a parked U-Haul covered trailer 2 axle type close to I-70 in the middle of the nite. Unlocked. Not a damn thing wrong w/ it. Both tires were on there, no flats. I was tempted to open the box, but thought the damn thing might be loaded w/ dead bodies. The trailer is begging like... OPEN ME!

You know the saying...if too good to be true. I left it alone and went my merry way. Very Happy

Most of the tool finds occur at a turn or a bump or a rail crossing. I've found a bunch of tools over the years,if its cheap Chinese shit I don't bother picking it up. I've found some nice tools though including Snap-On and a few chains like youd find on a tow truck. I live fairly close to I-44 which is major truck route most recently a boomer was lying in the roadway, traffic was light so I pulled over and removed that because it was a safety hazard, and I kept it. Any trucker or someone that loads unloads cargo working with chains knows exactly what a boomer is. Just about a month ago I found a nice estwing 16 oz hammer, I didn't see any blood on it. Very Happy
You never know what's out there but be careful once as part of group of civic minded teenagers doing a roadside trash clean up I found a bag of weed and a knife. If you find any bottles with a yellowish liquid inside don't open in fact don't touch, this too relates back to truckers usually. Very Happy finders keepers losers weepers.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
'Found by the road' can also mean STOLEN! Laughing

If it is a tool i find, I don't dare touch it. Especially if it is bloody. May have been used in a murder of sump'tin.

I did find a very large heavy tarp along I-80 before. It was very late nite and I saw it. I thought at first it was a dead body. I turned around...trailer and all to see what it was. It was a very heavy truck tarp. Took it home, cut it in several units and used them to cover stuff outside.

I also found a parked U-Haul covered trailer 2 axle type close to I-70 in the middle of the nite. Unlocked. Not a damn thing wrong w/ it. Both tires were on there, no flats. I was tempted to open the box, but thought the damn thing might be loaded w/ dead bodies. The trailer is begging like... OPEN ME!

You know the saying...if too good to be true. I left it alone and went my merry way. Very Happy

I know what you mean.
Every time I drive through Nebraska I see this old building that looks like it might have been a garage in better days. One of these days I might stop and take some of the guy's stuff.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

I found a nice heavy stiff stainless steel spoon yeaterday on my way to the skyport in panama. sweet!!! should be great for icescream!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: