Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Made this today
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Made this today Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vw emblem with wrench mounted on black walnut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

T Hollis wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vw emblem with wrench mounted on black walnut

Interesting.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

I just forwarded your picture to VW of America. They take copyright protection very seriously.

Joking..looks cool! Very Happy

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
I just forwarded your picture to VW of America. They take copyright protection very seriously.

Joking..looks cool! Very Happy

"Whew".... Shocked and "Thanks" !!
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

How did you do that?
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
How did you do that?

Made it a few semesters ago in one of my sculpture classes at M.S.U. (working on my B.A. in 3D Art / Sculpture).
I could tell you the process but, than I'd have to kill you... Wink .
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

Hmmm.......

The "VW" appears to be backwards . . . . Popcorn

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

T Hollis wrote:
enjoyther1de wrote:
How did you do that?

Made it a few semesters ago in one of my sculpture classes at M.S.U. (working on my B.A. in 3D Art / Sculpture).

Propane stove and a cast iron skillet used to melt down aluminum or lead, poured into a hub cap. At least that's how I did it years ago, I used old lead diving weights.
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
T Hollis wrote:
enjoyther1de wrote:
How did you do that?

Propane stove and a cast iron skillet used to melt down aluminum or lead, poured into a hub cap. At least that's how I did it years ago, I used old lead diving weights.

And, the "WINNER" is !!! ^^^ Wink !!!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

Ill bet the guy that did the backwards vw emblim has a name like...bob Rolling Eyes or....racecar..... I did stuff like that in highschool,made some mustang emblims(horse) and some into belt buckles and some door knockers(lions heads) also into belt buckles. 1 got stolen...I see it about every 10 years or so on some redneck,I asken him about it and he gave some bs story.I didnt tell him he stole it from me, wft he thinks it's somethen special.
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
Ill bet the guy that did the backwards vw emblim has a name like...bob Rolling Eyes or....racecar..... I did stuff like that in highschool,made some mustang emblims(horse) and some into belt buckles and some door knockers(lions heads) also into belt buckles. 1 got stolen...I see it about every 10 years or so on some redneck,I asken him about it and he gave some bs story.I didnt tell him he stole it from me, wft he thinks it's somethen special.

Priceless! Laughing !!!
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Made this today Reply with quote

Hacksaw-BoB wrote:
Hmmm.......

The "VW" appears to be backwards . . . . Popcorn

Rolling Eyes ... Laughing ...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: