Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best street head to hit the market in many years
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

saw2 wrote:
Just got a email from CB. Free shipping on any Panchito 044 head this Fri, Sat and Sun. Great time to buy.
carp....I dont need another sets of heads......but......DAM Shocked and any body that dosent upgrade to tit retainers for $22. is just plain not right in the head Wink and spring upgrade...and..... sofar this month ,new lathe, new tooling, cemetery plot......... hair plugs next Shocked
donny1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

saw2 wrote:
Just got a email from CB. Free shipping on any Panchito 044 head this Fri, Sat and Sun. Great time to buy.

Yep, that did it for me. Just ordered a pair.
'73 Thing
'68 Vert Body Off Resto: Click here
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

Dang. This is a pretty good price too. I wish I was in the position to build an engine right now. Maybe in a few years when I can, they'll still have them.

Last edited by vwtrey on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
saw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

I hears ya. I've been gathering parts for a build this winter. if I knew what cc chambers I needed for sure I would order a set now also.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

I had a stupid thought... Rolling Eyes perhaps this will give roy an idea to rework ALL their dies for a performance based heads( witch will also work on stock stuff better than the stock crap Shocked ),chambers,revized intake ports,smaller better ex ports with raized flat floor ,thicker for cutting for 94 cylinders...possiably even more than that...and a little bigger intake flanges.... so ya...it was a stupid thought wasent it. thanks to CB performance we have another great head choice now in addiction to the rest of thier lineup.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
We spent our money to develop our castings almost 20 years ago.
I have 26-30 years until I can retire so I am happy that other companies are spending money on future products.

doubt it Mark....
doesn't sound interested in competing with better products...
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

and it takes so little to update molds..... Shocked Wink and could be done in stages, but needs to be done by somebody that knows what there doing...on many different levels. new chamber molds or rework the exzisting ones,,not that hard, rework the ex port plugs/cores to have a flater floor raised a tad...not that hard...it's all pretty eazy from my desk Wink Rolling Eyes of corse the cnc machines I was using to make dies&molds were pretty new and oh so eazy to program&set up, so...he might have some old stuff not so user friendly., Im supprized cb isant getting edelbrock to do thier heads, but...there trying to keep autolina in the acvw market witch I understand.much better than china. my hats off to CB perf for this.
donny1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

Hey Pat,

I had a little trouble getting my order placed but finally got it in earlier this evening. I selected dual valve springs but it looks like the order is showing single springs. Can you make that correction for me? Order number is 63738. If there's an additional cost, let me know how much and how you'd like payment. I'll send a PM as well.

Thanks,
Donny
'73 Thing
'68 Vert Body Off Resto: Click here
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

pat please keep this stuff coming, and let us know how many of these you sell this week!!/or month. I wish i had some funds left to get a set...even though I dont need any.
raul arrese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
and it takes so little to update molds..... Shocked Wink and could be done in stages, but needs to be done by somebody that knows what there doing...on many different levels. new chamber molds or rework the exzisting ones,,not that hard, rework the ex port plugs/cores to have a flater floor raised a tad...not that hard...it's all pretty eazy from my desk Wink Rolling Eyes of corse the cnc machines I was using to make dies&molds were pretty new and oh so eazy to program&set up, so...he might have some old stuff not so user friendly., Im supprized cb isant getting edelbrock to do thier heads, but...there trying to keep autolina in the acvw market witch I understand.much better than china. my hats off to CB perf for this.

Hey Mark , i think these new heads got you so excited your spelling is getting better...
" 2013 Lakeland Classic Best of Show "
" 2014 Show and Shine , First in class "
"
Like my facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raul-Arrese-custom-fabrication-and-performance/1832968110262608
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
I have 26-30 years until I can retire so I am happy that other companies are spending money on future products.

doubt it Mark....

Actually if you follow anything I do, I have spent thousands of dollars and hours in keeping our mold up to date and doing upgrades. Since it is a combination sand cast and permanent mold; it's a little tricky to work on.

Since I bought the business from my father 3 1/2 years ago; I have increased my sales on heads and motors every month/year.

Good try though on putting me down....it really shows your true colors when you have to talk shit about me on someone else's thread.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

doubt it Mark....

Actually if you follow anything I do, I have spent thousands of dollars and hours in keeping our mold up to date and doing upgrades. Since it is a combination sand cast and permanent mold; it's a little tricky to work on.

Since I bought the business from my father 3 1/2 years ago; I have increased my sales on heads and motors every month/year.

Good try though on putting me down....it really shows your true colors when you have to talk shit about me on someone else's thread.

Nobody's putting you down, just recognizing a fact by your own statement.

"you did your tooling 20yrs. ago..." (well your father did and you bought it..)

Increasing sales and improving a product are two different things.

3+ yrs ago CB had the panchitos on the market an probably sold a few....
Then they took them off the market, retooled and reintroduced a superior product. They listened to their buyers wants/needs.

Mark and others have been voicing their wants/needs about what they would like to see improved with your heads...
Will you invest and retool to meet what they are asking for?? or will you be satisfied with your 20yr old design and keep pushing sales "as-is"...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I had a stupid thought... Rolling Eyes perhaps this will give roy an idea to rework ALL their dies for a performance based heads( witch will also work on stock stuff better than the stock crap Shocked ),chambers,revized intake ports,smaller better ex ports with raized flat floor ,thicker for cutting for 94 cylinders...possiably even more than that...and a little bigger intake flanges.... so ya...it was a stupid thought wasent it. thanks to CB performance we have another great head choice now in addiction to the rest of thier lineup.

Hey Mark,

You know that our new(1999) head casting already has a larger intake flange, cast in larger intake and exhaust ports on the 042's and 050's and that our 040's have been approved for use in all SCORE and SNORE off road racing, right? By the end of this year, I will have more material added so when you cut for 94's, it won't go through the fins. I am also working on adding material and moving the stud hole locations for waterboxer case applications. All in due time sir, all in due time.....

www.mofoco.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

doubt it Mark....

Nobody's putting you down, just recognizing a fact by your own statement.

"you did your tooling 20yrs. ago..." (well your father did and you bought it..)

Increasing sales and improving a product are two different things.

3+ yrs ago CB had the panchitos on the market an probably sold a few....
Then they took them off the market, retooled and reintroduced a superior product. They listened to their buyers wants/needs.

Mark and others have been voicing their wants/needs about what they would like to see improved with your heads...
Will you invest and retool to meet what they are asking for?? or will you be satisfied with your 20yr old design and keep pushing sales "as-is"...

Again, the initial investment was made 20+ years ago. The tooling is continually upgraded every couple years. I run a business and I have to weigh the cost of doing something vs the amount of money I think I can make. If I don't think the return is there, I am not going to just dump a pile of money into something because a couple guys on the internet tell me to.

Did you read Mark's statement and my reply? Most of those improvements were made on my heads in 1999....

What improvements are you looking for?

www.mofoco.com

vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

Just ordered a set of the Panchitos for a 1968cc build, I'm excited to compare them to the Tims stage 1 and the older 043's I have.

I just pulled the China stage 1's off my 2109 that has 10k miles on it and they look great, we'll see how they look after 50k
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

most of those improvements.....bigger flange.well thats a start...7 years ago. so...chambers? I had no issues with port size...well the ex is too big, needs the floor filled&flattened...type 4 studd holes wood be nice, but if somebody is going that far they may also want better chambers&ports....if you were to make a air cooled head with the wetbox ports that would be somethen...and the wet box chamber too!!! sweet race head or even street&buss head just use a reverse dome piston and instaint tq&power with tons of squish&high flow.but thats a dream aint gonna happen.(thus the reason I bought 2 1/2 sets of new 910's . when nobody makes what I want i buy the closest and go from there. I started off buying a new set of your 042, then on to cb 044 wedge ports and now on to the 910's. hell I might just go to a honda vtech head next decade.......or yamaha/kaw 450 head. I tend to get bored with the same old thing.new products are the way to go and updated old ones.real updated, not oh we painted them a few years ago or I can drill a few extra holes....almost in the right place....not realy an update. so keep worken at it. it's amazing to see all the attn pat has gotten from this new head. I can see ahy it took them so long dealing with the manufacture in a diferent cuntry.....but...you make yours....so.... oh never mind.
theDrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

wait, what are we talking about again?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

yes the thread has drifted as it always does. glen can get rid of everything not assocated with then new awesome cb o44 lostpan of cheetos heads. there fixed it.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

I just wanna know how they came up with the name. If anything, it's got me craving rolled tacos
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Best street head to hit the market in many years Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
yes the thread has drifted as it always does. glen can get rid of everything not assocated with then new awesome cb o44 lostpan of cheetos heads. there fixed it.

Best thing said in two pages
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: