Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hard Start Issues and Troubleshooting Help
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevlarian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Hard Start Issues and Troubleshooting Help Reply with quote

So I was attempting to do a compression check on my engine today, as I am having a problem...

Let me set the stage. I have a 1915cc with dual Kadrons.

I was able to test Cyl 1, 2, & 4. However, Cyl 3 is the spawn of Satan... I CANNOT get the plug out, let along get the tester in there, and put the plug BACK. So F*&# it!

The compression reads on 1, 2, & 4 are all @ ~120 so that is good!

I'll assume that 3 is good (for now).

Here is the problem I'm having...
Hard Start.

When I get it started, and I pull plug 1, the engine runs exactly the same, no change in idle. when I pull the plug for cyl 2 or 4 the engine can barlely run. Runs like crap.

When I pull the plug for cyl 3, it runs as if it was still plugged in, so basically cyl 1 & 3 each pulling the plug don't affect the engine. 2 & 4, serious issues running.

So, I was told to do a compression test. Tried to do that tonight. Got them all but Cyl 3 (aka. Spawn of Satan).

Assuming that 3 is good... what would you test next. I can't figure out why it would run like that. Of course, already tested spark to all four cyls. it's there.

A side question...
Can I remove the fans shroud without removing the engine. Can I remove the carbs and/or manifolds to get to the 3rd cyl. I'm out of ideas.

I REALLY NEED HELP HERE.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard Start Issues and Troubleshooting Help Reply with quote

Clogged idle jets?
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hard Start Issues and Troubleshooting Help Reply with quote

That's normal for them to idle on 2/4 only, with kadrons.
They all do that. Search "kadron idle"

hard to start? check the acc pumps and ignition system, or is it flooding (heat soak??)
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hard Start Issues and Troubleshooting Help Reply with quote

Try a smaller cam.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: