Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seen one ???
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Seen one ??? Reply with quote

My very first car was a 1960 bug into which I eventually transplanted a 356 Porsche motor. To keep it cool, I installed a scoop that I got somewhere. Has anyone got pictures of one on a car, or know if they're still available? Why didn't we take more pictures of our rides in the 60s ???

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Seen one ??? Reply with quote

I have seen one on a retired drag bug that was built decades ago. The car had rare stuff like that all over the place.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1852710

You should talk with this samba seller, he's looking at having some made with 10 pre orders

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stewardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Seen one ??? Reply with quote

Cool ! Thanks.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seen one ??? Reply with quote

Anyone else seeing the resemblance?

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: