Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
... Anybody else? If you guess within a hundred miles, I'll donate a premium Samba membership in your name. Guessing is free! ...

I'll make a guess

124 miles

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Dude, really...put a new belt on and be done with it.

Even its a NOS one or whatever belt you want to run. Just have it shipped to The Skills European Motor Works compound and set that shit up there. I'm sure there will be a lot of "maintance" happening to Buddy there, just add that to the list.

Yes, like waxing my shocks up on the lift. Or wrangling turkeys with a 1584 single-port. Or drag racing against the Skillsaru! Twisted Evil

Don't think for a hot second I don't have three spare belts on board…
Robbie

EDIT: Two spare belts. You're welcome, Brian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

When that belt finally breaks, I dare you to replace it with an old pair of ladies nylons.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
When that belt finally breaks, I dare you to replace it with an old pair of ladies nylons.

I would need to find an old pair of ladyies' nylons.

Gary, you out there? This sounds like your department. Don? Thoughts?

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I would need to find an old pair of ladyies' nylons.

Gary, you out there? This sounds like your department. Don? Thoughts?

Robbie

You strike me as a resourceful type of guy. You'll figure it out.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

My guess is that the belt breaks at the exact moment Robbie notices the daytime strippers leaving work. The severe neck pain he experiences causes him to not notice the thump as the belt departs. He has a choice. Monitor his gauges or check out the old broads in hot pants. He chooses the hot pants and his motor coughs, sputters, and dies an early death.

The good news is that the gals notice and come to his rescue only to fuck his brains out until 4pm when Oprah reruns come on
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
My guess is that the belt breaks at the exact moment Robbie notices the daytime strippers leaving work. The severe neck pain he experiences causes him to not notice the thump as the belt departs. He has a choice. Monitor his gauges or check out the old broads in hot pants. He chooses the hot pants and his motor coughs, sputters, and dies an early death.

The good news is that the gals notice and come to his rescue only to fuck his brains out until 4pm when Oprah reruns come on

^^^ And there is his source for some nylons. They may be fishnet style, though.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

Not sure if beer soaked fishnets have the correct coefficient of friction to work. Robbie, let us know for future reference
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

If I wordsmith the excerpts of Robbie's recent thread responses to his crusty belt. It would go something like this.

Hey Buddy, I have a nick in this rubber. Don't worry, I've had it a long time. It's had a lot of use. If it breaks I've got three more I can just put on. I mean two, since I shared one with Brian. But maybe I let it break just to add some drama to this boring ass journey I'm on. After all it's so cool to be cute, unemployed, living in a van with a screaming Buddy. "It's 11pm sweetie, time you get to work on the side of the road"

Replace the word "Buddy" with "Baby" and read again.

For fuck sake. Put a new rubber on Wink

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

^quotes galore! Love it!!!!!

I agree it's "time for some acksion"

Link

That's right I just dropped Redman on your ass!!!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, like waxing my shocks up on the lift.

Robbie - are you obsessive compulsive? I should have suspected it when you spoke of spending hours whittling Oboe reeds. If I hit a nerve teasing it wasn't intentional but really, you have to stop waxing your shocks while on cross country trips. You haven't even gotten into the bad weather yet. Wait until you pull onto a white clay and limestone dirt road in the rain.
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

Maybe I'll just change his belt for him while he isn't looking tomorrow. Lol

But probably not, my mato is kind of a don't fix what ain't broken mentality. But my type 4 is much much less reliant on the belt. Like I could run a few hundred miles without it and not have a problem. HA! Type 4's ftw.

Edit: I'll guess it's going to bet he changes the belt before it actually breaks. But he will go another 4,723 miles before then.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

Change the belt! I had one break loose and take out the coil wire in heavy traffic, that was before the insane traffic of today. Want to spice up this thread? Show pictures of you cooking Ramen after you donated your travel money to a monastery following a drug inspired religious vision behind the dumpster of a convenience store.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

As a parent, my thoughts also go to the many police dash cam crashes that were posted on youtube. You know, the cop pulled someone over on the side of the freeway. The next thing you know, the cop or the person pulled over is plowed into by some idiot staring at their cell phone..

Being on the side of any freeway with a flat or a break down scares the living daylights out of me and most others due to all the distracted drivers out there today. You hear it all the time. Someone changing a flat tire is run over and killed on the side of the freeway.

Don't worry about the complainers on this site Robbie suggesting your thread is "boring" due to no epic break down drama. There's plenty of folks that appreciate the fact that your well serviced VW is reliable and trouble free. There's plenty of things you can add to the thread to keep folks interested and to make it fun. I'll admit, I do love Gary's line of thinking on what could be added.. lol

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

Obama says...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW Jetta
VW Passat
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

At least he didn't say a pair of old ladies nylons. But hey, they need lovin too.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

What is the logic of not replacing that fan belt?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What the Road Tells Me - cross country drive! Reply with quote

chabanais wrote:
What is the logic of not replacing that fan belt?

He hasn't painted & waxed the new one yet. Laughing

I'm gonna guess 250 miles.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 47

Jump to: