Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

marcus dacosta - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: marcus dacosta
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 07, 2018
greebly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: marcus dacosta - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a Vanagon radiator fan motor from Marcus he responded well to inquiries and took some effort to ship the item. I paid him by PayPal using friend and family so that he would not have to pay fees, he did not request this. I also sent him a prepaid FedEx shipping label in order to ship it. The box arrived undamaged. Packing consisted a small amount of airpack plastic bubbles. The motor was loose and heavy enough that it popped most of the airpaks. When I tried to spin the shaft of the motor I could not turn it. I installed the fan blade and it turns but drags several places in the rotation so that it will not spin freely, obviously the bearings are worn out. I am sure that it would operate electrically, but it is in worse shape than my present fan motor I intended to replace. I would not make the effort to install it, nor would I sell it to someone else here as working. When I contacted Marcus he stated that it was working when he packaged it and that it spun freely and must have been damaged by shipping. There is no external damage on the box which is the first thing a shipper wants to verify and I cannot think of a mechanism where shipping would wear out the bearings so I cannot in good concience pursue a shipping claim on FedEx. I did not ask for a refund of shipping cost, just the price of the motor. Marcus offered if I shipped it back to him to "inspect" that he would refund my money. I think the "inspection" should have been done prior to shipping to me. Unfortunately, due to the weight, shipping here and there will amount to almost the cost of the motor itself. I also believe that the buyer should not have to incur shipping either way when the seller has sent a defective part. I informed Marcus that I will not be returning the motor. The Samba is a great resource and most on here are amazingly great people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcus dacosta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: marcus dacosta - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have sold a good number of parts from my 87 and 89 vans on this site without any complaints. These are 27 - 29 year old used parts and I assume buyers are aware of this fact. All parts that I have for sale worked properly in my vans and I am always willing to refund people's money as long as they send the part back to me.
marcus dacosta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: marcus dacosta - [email protected] Reply with quote

The fan that I sold and quoting the buyer "obliviously the bearings are worn out" is back for sale on this site after some cleaning and oiling. Like I said before this is a 29 years old part and it was sold for one tenth of what a new one cost at go westy. It worked in my van. Quoting the buyer again " I also believe that the buyer should not to have to incur shipping either way when seller sold a defective part".
I feel that everyone has the right to vent their opinion I just hope that when people use the feedback please do your home work before accusing others of negligence.
greebly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: marcus dacosta - [email protected] Reply with quote

I do not see what GoWesty pricing has to do with passing off a motor as "spinning freely" when the shaft could not be turned by hand. "Some cleaning and oiling" took several hours and unstaking the end caps ran a risk of cracking the magnets to salvage the motor. I have noticed you have tempered your ads and are not claiming that any of the stuff you have is "running great!" In fact all you state is "shipping not included" so I guess the feedback I left has had a positive influence on your judgement. Your policy of refund is fine, and i mentioned it in my feedback. That it may be necessary on a heavy part is the problem you are not grasping. I chose not take you up on your offer to "inspect" the part and risk paying another $20 shipping it back just to trust your judgement on what constituted working great, and basically paying for the motor in shipping with nothing to show for it. Your subsequent emails to me after the sale are disconcerting, as I have told you that you need to move on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcus dacosta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: marcus dacosta - [email protected] Reply with quote

I think I'm ready to move on now that I have made my point. You should do too.
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: marcus dacosta - [email protected] Reply with quote

I’ve bought parts from Marcus and he has always dealt fairly and honestly. ‘Nuf said.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: