Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hardboard trunk liner?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

What vendor sells the hardboard trunk liner or carpet kit, for 1976 sedan without the fresh air box? My bug has a 1975 110 model hood without vents.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

02/76 Beetle sedan

Last edited by APPLEGREENVW on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

Try Wolfsburg West.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

Try Wolfsburg West.

WW doesn't have it. Sad

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

CIP1.com carries one, but it is for stock with airbox: http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-113-863-509-F

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

Like this?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

You can easily make your own with a large piece of cardboard and some spray adhesive and any covering you choose. The one I made turned out very well. I think I had some dual core thickness cardboard from a box. And plenty of the same fabric I used to recover the seats with.

APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Like this?

Yes,but with no fresh air box cut out.

02/76 Beetle sedan
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

I hate to say it, and I know you don't want to hear it, but.. that's probably going to be no-go. I doubt any manufacturer would bother to make a liner for a one year model only that hardly anyone even knows exists. I just spent the last half hour looking at all the online vendors I know of, with no luck. Of course I may have missed a couple...

by the by, it looks like this:

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
I hate to say it, and I know you don't want to hear it, but.. that's probably going to be no-go. I doubt any manufacturer would bother to make a liner for a one year model only that hardly anyone even knows exists. I just spent the last half hour looking at all the online vendors I know of, with no luck. Of course I may have missed a couple...

by the by, it looks like this:

That's the trunk liner, that I'm looking for. Looks like I have to make my own liner, or find a good used 110 model trunk liner.

02/76 Beetle sedan
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

The one in your pic is a late mexi. Try antonio trejo. Or this one ftom a french vendor shouldsuite you: https://www.mecatechnic.com/fr-FR/carton-de-coffre-avant-q-pour-cox-1200-1300-1500-68_VB13601.htm
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

GArBa wrote:
The one in your pic is a late mexi. Try antonio trejo. Or this one ftom a french vendor shouldsuite you: https://www.mecatechnic.com/fr-FR/carton-de-coffre-avant-q-pour-cox-1200-1300-1500-68_VB13601.htm

I tried Antonio its on back order. Shipping a trunk liner from France is a lot of $$ Sad

02/76 Beetle sedan
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
I tried Antonio its on back order. Shipping a trunk liner from France is a lot of $$ Sad

The carpeted trunk liner its back in stock. I have a NOS trunk liner for Sedan without air box in stock.
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

Antonio Trejo wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

The carpeted trunk liner its back in stock. I have a NOS trunk liner for Sedan without air box in stock.

Antonio Trejo has just made me eat my words.

He's the only one who could pull off such a feat Very Happy

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardboard trunk liner? Reply with quote

I happened on this thread and thought I would share what I did with the damaged front trunk liner on my Mexican Beetle.

The picture of the trunk that the OP posted is of my car just after I bought the carpet shown from Antonio.

The hardboard was damaged when I bought the car.

As shown in the original picture, I laid the carpet only but I wanted some underlay, so I used the damaged hardboard as underlay. I repaired the tear by using some material glued to each side of the tear and laid the carpet on top of the hardboard.

The carpet slid around on the hardboard (a little bit), so I bought some carpet hold downs (VW brand) and used them to fasten the two together:

This was the result:

I also mounted my warning triangle and first aid kit using mounting brackets that I found at ECS Tuning:

1972 914 (past)
1991 Honda Civic (Original Owner)
1996 'Open Air' Mexican Beetle (current)
2015 Golf (current)
2017 Dune Edition (daughter's car)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: