Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paypal claim help....
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Not really sure on where to put this.I recently sold a type 2 clock here on thesamba.

I state in my ad i DO NOT ship overseas. I also usually do not negotiate on price either. What i ask is what you get.
I did a buyer two favors. One, I accepted his low offer. Two, i shipped to Germany.

He is now claiming he never recieved it and went staight to paypal claims asking for full refund and put the payment on hold.

Check out one of ads to read my poilcys

Now I state all this in all my ads. If you lowball me, you loose your tracking. Which i usually pay anyways if you pay my asking price.

What should I do? I have all shipping reciepts and everything?

Never have I had a problem selling on here.

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Sorry for the problem but tracking protects the buyer and seller. I always have tracking on my shipments and factor that into the total price. Except for some very unique items I have sold I do not ship out of the US. Even to Canada. Just too many problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

You might need to show the receipt you got from the shipper to the paypal rep. Once they settle it, you or the buyer will need to make a claim with the shipper for the value of the item which you had to put on the international customs form you filled out.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
Sorry for the problem but tracking protects the buyer and seller. I always have tracking on my shipments and factor that into the total price. Except for some very unique items I have sold I do not ship out of the US. Even to Canada. Just too many problems.

Yeah. I usually do tracking unless im lowballed. Then I consider that choice on the buyer. Guess ill have to rethink that...

Either way i dont think ill be accepting paypal any longer.

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Don't even try to deal with Pay-pal- they weight in favor of the guy who ups the arbitration to claim first- best bet is the carriers insurance you collect and then refund- no tracking is a big deal- sorry- just went thru this as a buyer and it took weeks to get my $ back and had to document every e-mail and present it to the credit card company- once PP makes up it's mind- your done- so act fast- scan and send all ads and correspondence to pay pal- if they find against you - all you have left is the carriers insurance.

the fact that he didn't wait for "claim" probably means he's done this before.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

NEVER use PayPal when selling an item, their policies are very purchaser oriented, much worse than credit cards & for this reason there are lots of scammers that use them. If the individual contacted you through The Samba, I would definitely give them an honorable mention in "buyer & seller feedback".

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

so...how much was tracking?? Shocked
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
with Pay-pal- they weight in favor of the guy who ups the arbitration to claim first-
True but I have had them refund the buyer without taking the money from me, they just paid it back and we both were happy.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
williamM wrote:
with Pay-pal- they weight in favor of the guy who ups the arbitration to claim first-
True but I have had them refund the buyer without taking the money from me, they just paid it back and we both were happy.

Did ya get his name- I'll ask for that guy next time somebody can't follow instructions Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't step in any!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I assume since it was overseas, you had to fill out a customs form. THAT becomes your tracking number
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

How long has it been since you shipped it.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

VeeDubDoug wrote:

Yeah. I usually do tracking unless im lowballed. Then I consider that choice on the buyer. Guess ill have to rethink that...

The problem here is not Paypal. It is the decision to forego tracking (and insurance?) when shipping overseas. Paypal brings you the seller far more customers than a requirement for check/money order/cash. As a buyer if I see an ad that says "no Paypal" it means that I do not buy the item.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
As a buyer if I see an ad that says "no Paypal" it means that I do not buy the item.

Same here
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I shipped on 7/5/16... It has been a while. But I can say its taken me a while to receive stuff from Europe though... I get stuff ALLLL the time. I asked him to please wait while I investigate. This was a day ago mind you. Then I get a message from paypal this morning.

I'm a man of word. Sure my fine print might not mean jack to paypal...

I have contacted paypal with pictures of all receipts/customs sheet. We'll see... I know paypal sides with the buyer more times than not but I have proof it was shipped.

OB Bus wrote:
VeeDubDoug wrote:

The problem here is not Paypal. It is the decision to forego tracking (and insurance?) when shipping overseas. Paypal brings you the seller far more customers than a requirement for check/money order/cash. As a buyer if I see an ad that says "no Paypal" it means that I do not buy the item.

You know, I do agree OB, fully. Its not paypals fault. I knew it was a mistake not doing tracking... which I normally do anyways, cause people pay what I ask. I felt I was doing the guy a favor and felt he read my selling policy. Am I not justified? Basically, he didn't pay my asking prices. Waving insurance/tracking... I can see it biting me in my ass now. I just wont ship unless someone pays for insuance/tracking from now on, period.

I did this mainly to root out thesamba window-shoppers. I would get many, daily... it got old. If I was taking offers I would have it posted in thebay, thank you.

Here is my ad signature... I have not modified it. This is how he read it, or didn't.

*** I AM NOT SHIPPING INTERNATIONALY AT THE MOMENT, SORRY.***

If this ad is still posted, the item is still for sale.

I accept Paypal and Money Orders ONLY.

On money order payments I DO NOT ship the item untill I receive the money order by mail!

I DO NOT charge a % for payments made through PayPal... I'm not a cheapskate.

Insurance and/or tracking is available at extra cost... If you don't lowball me I usually throw it in anyways. For both of our sakes.

Buyer assumes all risk if they waive insurance and/or tracking.

Dr OnHolliday wrote:

Last edited by Miklo on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I guess I don't get the "no tracking" thing....everything I ship either USPS or UPS has tracking "built in" to the transaction...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I edited my post above as to why I did it.

I did this mainly to root out thesamba window-shoppers. I would get many, daily... it got old.

It doesn't stop some... I'm not saying its not totally my fault. But hey, it was shipped... After that???

mark tucker wrote:
so...how much was tracking?? Shocked

Close to $50.

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Quote:
Paypal brings you the seller far more customers than a requirement for check/money order/cash. As a buyer if I see an ad that says "no Paypal" it means that I do not buy the item.

Got to agree- "no paypal" is like bad feedback

One thing I did do with a big order was to "send money" Bank to bank- No fee and no questions- then it sends- That service for Wells Fargo believe is called "Quick pay" or something like that. It is a mutual communication between buyer and seller with the 2 banks in the middle- then you can add tracking and insurance to the money request- if they don't want to comply- deals off-

Don't step in any!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I haven't had this issue but tracking is to protect YOU, not the seller.

Especially when it's Paypal since they require proof of shipping (and delivery) by using that tracking #.

Since it was international though - As Erik said above, the customs # is usually the tracking and the package automatically has some minimum insurance on it. Probably not the value of a clock though, you have to pay for more than the standard amount.

So... what does the customs tracking # say if you plug it into http://usps.com ?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

The number at the top of the customs slip does nothing on the USPS site.

I'm going to head to the post office and see what I can do if I get off work at a decent time tomorrow.

If not i'll pay up, cut my losses, close my ads and call it a day.

I have other crap I have to deal with right now. I really have no time to waste for this BS.
This happened after work last Thursday. Lady said she didn't see me...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks everone, i'll keep you posted.

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

State what you mean in your ad - mean what you state.
Don't accept PayPal.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: