Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another new member from Australia! My two beetles
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Hi guys, Adrian from Australia ,Brisbane here.
Looking forward to learning and reading heaps from you guys! Here's my daily ride (white one). 1976 1600L Australian

And my resto project 1973 1300 (yellow)

I'm quite bug crazy and collect all sorts of useless things, books ,DVDs anything I can on beetles.

Any advice hints tips opinions what ever will be welcome Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Link
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Link

Me driving the VW
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

So the yellow one (my project) is a 1973 1300 standard pretty straight forward
But my daily drive (white one) is a 1976 1600 L which is an Aussie only oddball and one of the most commonly wrongly labelled bugs.
As Beetle production was winding up to finish in 1976 the factory created a mix and match beetle using the remaining standard 1300 Beetle bodies with a few updates and fitted with left over Superbug 1600 engines, gearboxes, IRS and disc front brakes.
Alot of people mistake these as Superbugs due to the disc brakes, 1600 engine and IRS, but they were in fact a standard Beetle due to still having the old Torsion bar front end.
A few other changes were the front indicators moved down to the bumper and a charcoal canister and dash fresh air fan fitted.
the fuel injection style buldged rear valance was also fitted.

There was also a thermostatically operated ventilation flap on the engine lid under the number plate light housing.
And the only thing that annoyed me when I got it was there was no VW emblem on the car at all! Only the hub caps say VW. No badges at all. But I've grown to love the look and car as time has gone on and I drive it every day Smile
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Welcome to thesamba! Your Beetles look great. Very clean and stock.

As far as your DD being mistaken for a Super, I'm not so sure about that. I don't believe that disc brakes, 1600cc motors, or IRS were unique to Supers.... at least not in the states. Maybe that was just Australian models.

Anyhow, welcome. As with any public online forum, make sure you develop a thick skin and try not to misunderstand/misread responses from a-holes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HUGO bOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Great cars! Cgs! Wink
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

P.s what does cgs mean ?
Balthazar B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

I'd go with 'congratulations'...

damned kids and their abvs.
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Welcome to thesamba! Your Beetles look great. Very clean and stock.

As far as your DD being mistaken for a Super, I'm not so sure about that. I don't believe that disc brakes, 1600cc motors, or IRS were unique to Supers.... at least not in the states. Maybe that was just Australian models.

Anyhow, welcome. As with any public online forum, make sure you develop a thick skin and try not to misunderstand/misread responses from a-holes.

Here your average guy even average vw guys think , oh it's got a 1600 motor and disc breaks? Must be a super!
Adadrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

the yellow one is still getting re build slowly but interior has been all done just gotta spray paint it which am doing tomorrow and next few weeks.

white one is still my baby that i use all the time. its not my daily driver doing the school run, shopping, driving 45 mins each way to and from work and weekend cruises its really taking a beating!
slowlearner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Another new member from Australia! My two beetles Reply with quote

Nice stockers. Nothing a few aftermarket parts can't fix. Wink

Greetings from Sydney.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: