Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Big props to you, big bro.

Bremerton is a beautiful city, but I believe Port Orchard is gonna be cheaper for rent. Good luck on the move.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Truth be told army guy is stoked because weed is legal in Washington and he has an opinion on that.
Good luck stoner Laughing and keep it away from the kids ok?
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Suffer from depression? need sunshine? well youre in luck,Seattle oozes sunshine..
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

About 23 years ago I filled my Syncro Van with last minute road supplies and drove to Port Orchard on a Friday to attend a Chris Craft Rendezvous. I parked in the marina lot that night and crashed. At about 6AM I awoke to a bustling crowd of people all around my van because I had chosen exactly the highest traffic spot upon which to park! Unbelievable CCs came from all over the Sound.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day and I met a lot of cool people. Fond memories of Port Orchard. The trip also involved my last visit to Bill Deryck's Wolfsburg Warehouse.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
Truth be told army guy is stoked because weed is legal in Washington and he has an opinion on that.
Good luck stoner Laughing and keep it away from the kids ok?

I do? Time to go back through my posts and see what I was running my mouth about haha
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Small update nobody cares about. Found a place in Bremerton, WA. 3 bedroom for $1500 a month. Moving in on Nov 1st.

On a side note. It's $2,000 to rent a uhaul truck and trailer from here to there. Not including the gas the truck will use. Alsmot cheaper to just buy new crap when I get there haha.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

new crap is the way to go sell off all your old shit to pay for the new crap.might even be an upgrade if your a good sailsman. just wondering, when did they move washington to socal? part of the affirmative action thingy?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

On a side note. It's $2,000 to rent a uhaul truck and trailer from here to there. Not including the gas the truck will use. Alsmot cheaper to just buy new crap when I get there haha.

When I moved, I found the same thing. Yep, sold most of my stuff, hauled a bunch to the dump, sold my car, bought a truck, threw the good stuff in the bed and rolled out of NorCal.

Seriously - look at craigslist. You may be able to buy a flatbed car hauler for that price, and sell it in WA to re-coup most if not all your trailer money.
Kitminxen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

The rule in California is that inland is cheaper (and hotter, not as nice, etc.) They are parts of San Diego that are more affordable than others, but you won't have as easy access or views of the beach. Been a while since I've lived there, but La Mesa and Mira Mesa are two place I remember being more affordable. North Park is an area you might look into if you want to stay closer to the action, though I'm not sure the price range works there.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Small update nobody cares about. Found a place in Bremerton, WA. 3 bedroom for $1500 a month. Moving in on Nov 1st.

Nice, isn't participation in this thread proof people dig you? Don't sell yourself short here soldier. Congrats on finding a place.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: "Cheap" apartment/house in Southern California? Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

Nice, isn't participation in this thread proof people dig you? Don't sell yourself short here soldier. Congrats on finding a place.

Fair enough. Another update, because it's the military there was a mild cluster f and that Nov. 1st date is now Dec 17th Rolling Eyes

Still moving to WA though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: