Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A Poll for the Owners of 40 year-old Cars
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it time to face facts and retire your worn-out, vintage VW, or do modern cars have nowhere near the lifespan of a well-maintained, classic Bus or Beetle?
I believe my 40+ year-old ACVW will outlive any car made in the last 10 to 15 years.
94%
 94%  [ 79 ]
I believe my modern car will be dancing on my ACVW's grave 25 years from now.
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 84

Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A Poll for the Owners of 40 year-old Cars Reply with quote

Sort of on topic, I was driving back from the store today and saw a beautiful brown and burgandy Model A, driving on Victor Ave.

There are many such cars like that in town because people here keep them alive and well.

I bet that car will also be around in twenty-five years. It's very close to a hundred now.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
planenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A Poll for the Owners of 40 year-old Cars Reply with quote

Think about it...if you have new wheel cylinders, overhauled engines, rust free, etc, how does the car know if it's old or not? Airplanes are the same way. Keep them like new, and they don't know the difference!!
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A Poll for the Owners of 40 year-old Cars Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
I just got back on a 1,800 mile round trip and the worst part was that my engine got dirty and the i-5 smelled bad.

Isn't that the fucking WORST? When your engine gets dirty AND the cows are dropping bombs on your route?????

The worst parts about my trip so far:
Gas is expensive in Detroit
The insects in South Dakota don't scrub off as easily as the bugs in Oregon
Oil is $15 a gallon on the eastern seaboard instead of $12 on the West Coast
Pizza in the Midwest sucks
It rains a lot so I have to wash my car a bunch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: