Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Keys
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefanino
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Keys Reply with quote

I recently acquired a 73 thing. It has no keys. Any suggestions on how to get keys made? Thanks
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Keys Reply with quote

If you don't want to pull the ignition, remove one or both of the locking door handles and the decklid lock and look for the code inside. If it matches the ignition you can have a key made very easily for everything. Cool

I have used Gabe's Key in the past and was very happy with his work. Here is a link to his feedback page with his contact info: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54110&highlight=keys
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Keys Reply with quote

Guess I'm missing something here. If you want to confirm that the codes on the front door locks and the rear deck lid match the ignition, exactly how can you do this without disassembling the steering column and pulling the ignition switch to see the code on it?
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Keys Reply with quote

wbailey2112 wrote:
Guess I'm missing something here. If you want to confirm that the codes on the front door locks and the rear deck lid match the ignition, exactly how can you do this without disassembling the steering column and pulling the ignition switch to see the code on it?

The only way to make sure they match is to pull the ignition. If the doors both match along with the deck lid lock, I'm guessing you have a good shot that the ignition is the same also. Worst case, you spent $20 for a new key for your doors that doesn't match the ignition.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: