Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!! Reply with quote

If you use the Brazil case you need the Brazil pump with spin on oil filter as the larger oil passage was for increased oil for Hyd. lifters.
marlin1893
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!! Reply with quote

We used a german ae block so not sure but I'm making up a prelube tool right now.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!! Reply with quote

I used a cheap electric fuel pump to pre-lube, 1 tube in the oil and the other in the oil pressure sending port. Slowly turn the crank to drip oil on the cam and lifters.
marlin1893
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!! Reply with quote

She's alive after building a prelube can we cranked it over for a minute still no pressure so I pumped the prelube to 45# and then got the gauge to read. Hooked up a second gauge and fired her up 75# cold at 2200 rpm ran it for 18 mins she was reading 45# warm at 2200 rpm. I didn't want to idle her yet but as I dropped down to 1000 rpm the OP dropped to 20# ? The new 44IDF is running rich and we are getting a light popping thru the exhaust under steady throttle to break in cam. Will re lash valves tomorrow and set timing again. What do you guys recommend for initial timing with a 110 cam and Petronix Flamethrower distributor ? Thanks again for all your help
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!! Reply with quote

Set it at 0 deg. and see how much advance your dist. has at 3000, then set max adv. timing 28 - 32 deg. where ever it runs the best without pinging.. That way you won't over adv. and burn a piston.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: new rebuild no oill pressure HELP!! Reply with quote

if that dist is tunable I would use the lightest&the next lightest spring and the second from the largest bushing and set the total to 30 and see if there is any detonation if so retard 2-3 degrees. tune carbs then recheck timing for detonation again at 30 and retard if needed. you can change the springs&bushings to talor it to your likes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: