Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Notchback front seat backrest question
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
soupcups Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Notchback front seat backrest question Reply with quote

Ok. Need some more help. I've looked all over this site for an answer and can't seem to find one so here it goes. I'm redoing the interior on a notchback. I wanted to know if anyone knows whether or not the front seat backrests have the piece that goes on the back like the bugs do. I don't know what it's made of but I made some for the bug interior I built but I don't know if the type 3's have those pieces or not.

Its this cardboard looking piece that's on the bug interior.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hoping someone has pics of what they are supposed to look like as well as if they are supposed to be there.

The reason I ask is because the TMI seat covers I have for the car are very loose fitting. I build my own padding out of either 1 or 2" foam but the covers seem loose. But just the backrest piece.

Thanks, as always.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Notchback front seat backrest question Reply with quote

Not notchback specific but yes they do have cards- here is a pic of a 1966 fastback seat back- if yours is earlier it will be slightly different. I used seat backs from a 66 fasty on my 64 Notch because that is the only way I could get my seat covers made, and I like how the original filling works on the frames VS the foam stuff.

The lower picture is a 1964 base (with replacement foam) & 1966 seat back with OG material.

1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
soupcups Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Notchback front seat backrest question Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. That helps, somewhat. Confirms there are cards for the notch. If anyone has a pic of the way the card fits in the back that would also be helpful.

Thanks again,

Jim
soupcups Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Notchback front seat backrest question Reply with quote

Also, does anyone have a pic of the TMI front seat backrest foam? Is there foam all around it or does it end at the sides? Meaning does it encompass the whole frame?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: