Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiper motor
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Wiper motor Reply with quote

My wiper motor doesnt work on my '65 bug so i found a rebuilt one that im ready to hookup,but i was looking online on how to do the wiring and saw that someone put a resister between the motor and fusebox.is this a must or isit just a safety to prevent motor from burning out.my big is converted to 12v.thanks
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wiper motor Reply with quote

Is the new motor 12 or 6 volt? 65 was originally 6 volt so that is why the resistor was installed
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wiper motor Reply with quote

The new one is 12v,
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Wiper motor Reply with quote

you should not need the added resistor anymore with a 12 volt wiper motor, remove it.

good luck

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
CAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wiper motor Reply with quote

Thanks for the good onfo,also wich fuse should i hookup the power to,all the wiper wiring was disconnected when i got the car.tryed on the radio fuse spot but for some reason it doest go into the park position when i turn off wipers.does it make a difference?
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wiper motor Reply with quote

do the wiper blades just stop wherever you shut them off or do they stop in the same position each time? look at the wiring diagrams here where the wire should go but that has nothing to do with your problem
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiper motor Reply with quote

I took a second look at the wiper diagram,saw that i had 2 wires in the wrong spots,switched them up and bingo.Now when i turn off the wiper button the wipers go back to its sitting possition.thanks bluebus86 & 60ragtop for the help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: