Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1971 Baja. keeping as much of the metal dash exposed as I can.
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisarnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: 1971 Baja. keeping as much of the metal dash exposed as I can. Reply with quote

Can I make a piece of trim to go along the base of the windshield?

Obviously it can be done, but has it been done by shade tree?
I can work with wood and sometimes suprise myself at the outcome.
So, maybe a piece of wood?

As I type I think that I could use a stock piece as a template and cut as needed.
Then again I could hack up a sock piece and maybe fiberglass.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1971 Baja. keeping as much of the metal dash exposed as I can. Reply with quote

You mean the top of the dash? Wouldn't it obstruct the vents?

IMHO I would rather focus on cleaning the car, replacing the wiper blades, mounting the tach and horn button properly,... things like that.
chrisarnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1971 Baja. keeping as much of the metal dash exposed as I can. Reply with quote

Joseph DR wrote:

IMHO I would rather focus on cleaning the car, replacing the wiper blades, mounting the tach and horn button properly,... things like that.

You don't like the road kill themed interior?? Laughing

For sure I'll clean it up. I already did quite a bit, but I'm trying to work out some minor kinks with the brakes.

The glue is kind of daunting and I am procrastinating removal, since it is on every square inch of exposed metal. But I make a point of removing about an inch of it every time I get in the car. Although I imagine sending all the crud to the PPO(Prior to Previous Owner) whose name and address is on an old registration in the glove box.

I replaced the grant go cart wheel with a 15" grant wooden wheel.

I have to buy the right adapter so I can have the horn on the wheel.

That tach isn't hooked up. I'll probably go no tach or a cluster below the dash.
Frankly, it kind of hinges on how she drives after I get it tuned.

I'm not too crazy about that reverse lock out shifter, but I'm guessing its better than whatever slop was there before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1971 Baja. keeping as much of the metal dash exposed as I can. Reply with quote

chrisarnt wrote:
Joseph DR wrote:

You don't like the road kill themed interior?? Laughing

I like the leopard print. Just take it a step further: go with the Mad Max bug theme Twisted Evil but keep it air-cooled.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
chrisarnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1971 Baja. keeping as much of the metal dash exposed as I can. Reply with quote

The only problem I have with that car is the early 90s late 80s mercedes rims. They really turn me off.

Other than that. I think I should do this, but have the motor in the front be just for show... Not functional.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: