Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A true spray nozzle | In Production!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
timichango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Super-duper interested in a set of these. I've got some pretty janky sprayers currently, and was on the cusp of ordering new ones, but now I reckon I'll hold out for these if they're as nice as they seem...
timichango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

forrest.whitmore wrote:

My van doesn't have a rear wiper, so I'll probably need someone to test that out for me. I'm sure it would spray well, however, I'm not so sure about the angle of the nozzle; it may have to be tweaked to aim lower.

My rear wiper is currently 100% dysfunctional. I'm putting my hand up to beta test one of yours in that position Smile I'll provide video footage from multiple angles in return so you can analyze the spray pattern Smile
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Forrest, I'd suggest $19.95 a pair, with no "... But wait...!" to the offer (referring to ever-present TV ads these days, $19.95 is a great price point for a reason).

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

timichango wrote:
My rear wiper is currently 100% dysfunctional. I'm putting my hand up to beta test one of yours in that position Smile I'll provide video footage from multiple angles in return so you can analyze the spray pattern Smile

Sweet, thanks. I'll move on to testing the rear one once I get the front ones dialed in.

E1 wrote:
Forrest, I'd suggest $19.95 a pair, with no "... But wait...!" to the offer (referring to ever-present TV ads these days, $19.95 is a great price point for a reason).

Not a bad idea Wink I can't promise anything (~$10/per nozzle), but I can say that I'll definitely try to get them to a great price point.

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Yeah, just don't cut it too tight for yourself.

I'd personally buy a pair for $20 as easily as $10, and you want to make dough if ever selling to other distributors. I'd guess there's a 100% mark on something like this, so $10 a pair would be your wholesale price if so (research this with a few potential vendors first).

If you need art help, let me know.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

E1 wrote:
Yeah, just don't cut it too tight for yourself.

Yea, that's key. I've been researching the price point quite a bit so that I'm not left in a ditch... Laughing

E1 wrote:
If you need art help, let me know.

Sounds good. Thanks!

agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Hello All,

I believe that I've gotten the spray pattern dialed in, however, I still want to do more testing over the coming weeks. The recent rain in CA has made it a bit difficult to get a clear view of where the pattern is hitting the windshield, so I'll prolong the testing a bit.

Another thing that I would like to test is a new spray washer pump. I am getting great results with a 30+ year old washer pump, but I would like to see if I get: a) better results, b) same results, c) worst results, or d) unforeseen issues. I want to do this test to insure that if somebody does have a new pump, they aren't greeted with an unexpected result.

I'll keep you posted.

Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

May I humbly suggest you consider a "beta" release for those willing to take the challenge and accept that you're still doing testing? I mean, it's pouring buckets up here and I'd love to try the new nozzle as just before discovering this thread I purchased a set of the GW ones... I won't bother installing if I can get a set (3) from you!
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:
May I humbly suggest you consider a "beta" release for those willing to take the challenge and accept that you're still doing testing? I mean, it's pouring buckets up here and I'd love to try the new nozzle as just before discovering this thread I purchased a set of the GW ones... I won't bother installing if I can get a set (3) from you!

I did try to do that a couple months back, but I didn't receive as much feedback as I had hoped for (I believe it's on the first page of this topic).

UPDATE:
First of all, I hope those of you who are getting hit by these storms are safe and well.

I had a brief moment of clear skies yesterday and I was able to swap out the 30+ year old washer pump with a new one (It took ~20 minutes) Of my previous list of outcomes: a) better results, b) same results, c) worst results, or d) unforeseen issues, I was gifted with: a) better results.

I will get a video of the spray pattern with the new pump once the weather clears up.

agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

UPDATE:

I will be going into small-scale production soon. I will be contacting people in the order that they are in on the survey.

If you haven't done so, you can fill it out here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HGVDGYL

Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

forrest.whitmore wrote:
I will get a video of the spray pattern with the new pump once the weather clears up.

Great to hear about progress! Looking forward to seeing your results.

Mark
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Here's a short video of the spray nozzles on the freeway going ~70mph.

Video Link

Let me know if you're having issues accessing the video.

Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

forrest.whitmore wrote:
UPDATE:

Here's a short video of the spray nozzles on the freeway going ~70mph.

Video Link

Let me know if you're having issues accessing the video.

That looks WAY better than my crappy stock nozzle pattern. I have to try and time the sprays manually with the position of the wiper arm (like shooting a bird on the wing) in order to get even a crappy result.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Red Beard wrote:

That looks WAY better than my crappy stock nozzle pattern. I have to try and time the sprays manually with the position of the wiper arm (like shooting a bird on the wing) in order to get even a crappy result.

I remember those days...! Now that I have been using them for a month or so, I can't even think about putting the stock/upgrade squirt guns back on haha

WestleyTheWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very Happy
JDub113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Well said! Very Happy
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

UPDATE:

I have received multiple requests for 3 nozzles.

As I said before:
forrest.whitmore wrote:

My van doesn't have a rear wiper, so I'll probably need someone to test that out for me. I'm sure it would spray well, however, I'm not so sure about the angle of the nozzle; it may have to be tweaked to aim lower.

I don't want to sell you one for the rear if I'm not positive it works. I can send you one timichango if you're still interested. Let me know.

timichango wrote:

timichango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

100% Keen Smile My stock one's useless — the rubber surrounding the little aiming ball is all weathered and cracked, and it kinda just farts water in a general spatter towards the rear windscreen, with a single superfine jet spraying out the side of the ball, off to the rear.

Would positively relish the chance to test something better!
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have already been in contact with many of you. If you haven't received an email from me it may be because of the following reasons:

a) The email I sent to you went to your junk folder
b) I haven't gotten to all of the requests quite yet
c) You haven't submitted a request

I will be consolidating information and images on a website soon. Feel free to submit a request if you haven't done so already. I know many of you are excited, but please don't submit duplicate entries Laughing

Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HGVDGYL

agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

UPDATE:

The first batch of nozzles is now in fabrication. They will hopefully be done in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your patience. This is a one man show. Laughing

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: