Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The way some people sell parts
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HUGO bOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: The way some people sell parts Reply with quote

Hello to all...

Just need to now the general opinion from you about the way some people act in the seelings...

A friend called me at 8:20 this morning (Central European Time - I live in Madeira island, Portugal). He have seen a split bu jack for salein Holand. We send to the seller an email in his bad english (evn worst than mine) buying the jack and asking the shipping costs.
He ask me to send a better email to the seller confirming that.
I send the email asking for the shipping costs and the way of payment prefered...
Recived the total and the paypal account. Less than 5 minutes I make the payment via paypal and after that send an email to confirm that (paypal also send an email to the two).
I refund the payment and said that the jack was sold, saying that recived a payment.

This is normal? My friend and me said that we keep the jack, paid in less than five minutes after the email with the total... and the part goes to someone else?

My education and way of live is the first to ask is the one that keep... with a tolerence of time to pay, ok... BUT 5 MINUTES?

Just asking if this is normal for you, because on the forum rules I can't find nothing about it...

Thank you.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: The way some people sell parts Reply with quote

Selling it to someone else when you have a buyer that you have given a total with shipping is not normal.
5 minutes is even more strange.

If someone says they will buy something, I consider it reserved until they pay.
If they don't pay within a day or so I would ask them if they are still going to buy it.
If they didn't respond within a while after that, I would sell it to the next person.

I have seen people sell parts where they say "The first person to send the money gets it".
I don't recommend this practice as it makes people mad.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HUGO bOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The way some people sell parts Reply with quote

Confused

Thanks... that's my opinion also...
My friend also recived na email with the total value, with the shipping costs... Looks if some 50 guys sayed that have the jack, all of them will recived na email with the total price... Evil or Very Mad Not a response like "payment pending"...

We, in separate emails, sayed that my friend will buy the jack... we dont ask only how much the shipping costs will be... shame that someone have this kind of atitude... beware... he is still have other parts and one car for sale... Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: