Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 bug death foam
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carguy1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: 74 bug death foam Reply with quote

Apparently my bug has it where do instant to fix it before both rear quarters are ruined. I am mechanically but not body work proficient. Live in Oklahoma know someone or live close and could help. Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance! Photos in gallery having trouble posting here[/list]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: 74 bug death foam Reply with quote

Buy a decent air compressor,air drill,spot sand blaster,wire wheel,sanding disc,stripping discs etc for stripping paint. Take off the rear fenders etc to see what damage they might be hiding. Custom Painting by Tom Brownell is a good bodywork/painting guide. Copy & Paste the Forum Code w/ (img) on each end of your pictures you want to post on your Beetle build threads.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: 74 bug death foam Reply with quote

That's a pretty comprehensive, expensive repair to do. If you pay a body shop, it would probably cost more than the car is worth. Unless you're REALLY attached to your VW, you should consider if it's worth fixing at all. It would probably be cheaper to buy a bug that's earlier and doesn't have the death foam installed.

There are still thousands out there in the dry, rust free SW USA for reasonable prices.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: