Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auxiliary Gauges
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkvmatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Auxiliary Gauges Reply with quote

Just wondering what Gauges other then the standard tacho and speedo people are running and where they are placed?
Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Auxiliary Gauges Reply with quote

Search is your friend - try this:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=611496&highlight=gauge

Doug
1964 Lavey Craft, Flatbottom V-Drive, 406 Ford
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Auxiliary Gauges Reply with quote

I swapped my stock speedo out for Porsche 911. Then used a 911 fuel & oil level combo gauge to replace the stock fuel gauge and hooked the oil level up to a temp sender since they miraculously work on the same oHm scale. The stock clock is replaced by a VWO aftermarket 7K tack that was re-faced and re-bezeled with a Porsche bezel to match the others.

I then made a custom fiberglass mini-consol below the radio for 4 gauges. I'm currently running a WB AFR gauge, an oil pressure, CHT and a volt meter. I'd like to swap the volt meter (un-necessary IMHO, but I had it laying around) out for a boost gauge in the future.

It's all buried in my build thread about 1/3-1/2 way through it.

Nate M.

Squarsche build
Heavy Metal Affliction feature

For heaven's sake, put a type4 and a Porsche 5-speed in there. . . It's the right thing to do!!
Donnie strickland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Auxiliary Gauges Reply with quote

Wasn't there a thread for this? I seem to recall it had a lot of good ideas.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: