Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Right or wrong?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

Referring to the photo is this cable guide right or does it go on the other
side with the flange up not down?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flyboy161
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

I know nothing about sunroof installation, but....according to this booklet it looks right:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/vwsunroof_h2o.php

The 1964...Diamond in the rough
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612776

My 1958 Morocco Bug-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=611483
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

Didn't know they were pretty much alike I looked at it couldn't tell from looking though.
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

Anyone know?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

Steel sunroofs comprise few 64-67 cars- much rarer than ragtops. So definitely visit the 68- up threads if you don't get much response here.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

that looks right to me, my 67 sunroof has the later aluminum cable guides. i dont understand your question really, but that looks right to me.
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

I got a friend that tells me he has a roof with a metal sunroof in it sitting in his barn,going down tomarrow to take a look at it
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

My 1964 sunroof had aluminum cable guide tubes.. I think they all do.. (64-77).
Each side had pair of tubes that were positioned from the gear box over to each actual side track

I think the piece being referred to in the picture is not a guide but an anti rattle channel for the actual guide tubes.. .. and it looks installed correctly. .

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Right or wrong? Reply with quote

I know someone that has a couple of roofs with intact sunroof,needed a crank assembly for mine.When I cut the headliner out found these two pieces underneath don't recall if my car had them when I took it apart Anyone taking
a car with a sunroof apart carefully remove these because I don't think any vendors make them.Now if my friend didn't have those roofs I would have been shit out of luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: