Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Car Show Goodie Bags
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

What's the best/most useful items you have received in a goodie bag at a car show? <Assuming any of the shows you attend give them out>
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

A pen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

Pens, notepads, and maybe key rings. Will look through car show flyers and coupons and keep any I may be interested in, but pretty much everything else goes in the trash.

Sounds like you are getting an idea of what to stuff in them. Sponsor flyers are a good idea - mostly to keep your sponsors sponsoring.

We use some ad specialty items for my "real business" and found that one thing that gets a LOT of use and is rarely throw out are round rawhide coasters. I have stopped at client's and seen one on their desk that I gave them 10 years ago. Expensive though - I think I pay $500 for the die and then close to $1 a piece.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

a cheap notepad, and that's being generous.
the last few shows where I was handed a goodie bag, I looked inside, saw all the crap, and handed it right back and said "no thanks, give it to someone else"
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:

Sounds like you are getting an idea of what to stuff in them.

Sort of...I did bags for a camping event recently, and included stuff like:
Water bottle
coozie
pen
garbage bag
reusable shopping bag
matches
sunscreen
plus sponsor stuff

Tried to make it a camping specific bag. Looking for other people's experiences.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

The best are the small containers of Joe's hand cleaner. I keep them in the bus for the roadside issues, and they are great to have on hand, and the giant containers of gojo are in the barn or under the sink
Bottle openers.
can holders
Rainex packets
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

I have a lot of Meguiar's spray wax/detailer/glass cleaner bottles along with microfiber towels which I'm slowly working through.
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

The best thing I ever received was a really nice car wash mitt.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

Oil absorbent mat. And bottle opener.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

We handed these out for several years and kind of felt like we were a little more big time?

Really, the event dash plaques were the only thing universally cool. But then, when we had a 95+ degree show day, we simply added bottled water in the bag- and it was a smash. The next year, we ditched the bags and kept a huge cooler with water on ice for any who needed/wanted it.

Rather than have swag bags with sponsor stuff in them- we were able to have sponsor man booths if they wanted when we secured big enough venues. They set up EZ-ups and no more bags, plastic frisbies and cozies to throw away.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

Bottle of paint shine...
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

The camping bag was a great idea. Agree on the car wash mitts - Did get one of those once - still have it. Have to tell you the Hagerty bags are great - they fit a shoe box and handy for putting detailing supplies in.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

Koozies,bottle openers,pens.
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

Travel mugs/cups, real plastic cups, small pen lights, hand cleaner packets, bottle openers...
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

A unique little item recently received was a small hand cranked cell phone battery charger. Handy if no cig lighter on board.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
a cheap notepad, and that's being generous.
the last few shows where I was handed a goodie bag, I looked inside, saw all the crap, and handed it right back and said "no thanks, give it to someone else"

Correct answer.
I mean how many Summit Racing catalogs or "Please Don't Touch My Collectable Car" signs does a guy need to own?
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

Snacks...
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

If you are going to do camping themed swag bag, use a Nalgene style wide mouth bottle to put everything in. You can print a logo for your event pretty cheap. Get a sponsor to pay for the bottles and put their logo on the other side of the bottle.

Looks good functional and you're event attendees will like it and use it.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Car Show Goodie Bags Reply with quote

cheap foam ear protection, I used them to muffle out the awful oldies music. Car shows need to evolve 1- one really big prize based on peoples choice voting 2- no oldies music 3- Morning shows done by noon. Goodie bags end up in the trash most of the time
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: