Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can't decide rim and tire size
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
woolardgarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Can't decide rim and tire size Reply with quote

I have a 1969 beetle with 2.5" drop spindles in the front and eventually will have 2" drop plates in the rear. I currently have 15x4.5s with 185/60s in the front and 15x5.5s with 205/70s in the rear. I want to get Centerline Auto Drag wheels all around but I don't know what is the biggest I can fit. I I want to get either 15x5.5 or 15x7s for the front with a tire ranging frome 155-185/60 (I really love the handling with my current 185s) and 15x7 or 15x8.5s in the rear with a tire ranging from 205-225/60. I like the stretched tires look but I also wanna keep it all very functional so I want something similar to an autocross or road racing stance. It's a street car that I drag race but also plan on doing autocross in so I wanna keep the handling very good in the curves and corners. Any suggestions what the best setup would be? I have stock fenders and the most I will do is roll them a tad or get fender flares in the rear only. I like the wide look.
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't decide rim and tire size Reply with quote

Are you able to get custom offsets or are they predetermined by what is in stock? And I'm assuming 4X130 bolt pattern.

If you can get custom offsets, start measuring for the widths you want.
woolardgarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't decide rim and tire size Reply with quote

The 15x5.5s have 3 5/8" backspacing and the 15x7s and 15x8.5s have a choice of 3 5/8" and 4 7/8" backspacing
Stewartwms21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't decide rim and tire size Reply with quote

woolardgarage wrote:
I have a 1969 beetle with 2.5" drop spindles in the front and eventually will have 2" drop plates in the rear. I currently have 15x4.5s with 185/60s in the front and 15x5.5s with 205/70s in the rear. I want to get Centerline Auto Drag wheels all around but I don't know what is the biggest I can fit. I I want to get either 15x5.5 or 15x7s for the front with a tire ranging frome 155-185/60 (I really love the handling with my current 185s) and 15x7 or 15x8.5s in the rear with a tire ranging from 205-225/60. I like the stretched tires look but I also wanna keep it all very functional so I want something similar to an autocross or road racing stance. It's a street car that I drag race but also plan on doing autocross in so I wanna keep the handling very good in the curves and corners. Any suggestions what the best setup would be? I have stock fenders and the most I will do is roll them a tad or get fender flares in the rear only. I like the wide look.

Do you have a picture of your current setup? I’m trying to decide what tires I want to run on my 74 super. Right now I have 195/65-15 on 5.5’s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: