Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
glennSKii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers Reply with quote

I have bult 2 Bajas back when i lived in the states...
But now i am building one here in Poland.

I am presently finishing my 1776cc engine build and have picked up some used fiberglass parts in the states and i am slowly getting them over here.

With the thin fiberglass parts , its hard enough to get over here without paying 4-5 times more for shipping than the parts themselves.

As a result, i have decided to definitely fabricate the hood and bumpers over here.

I would be buying the bumper and engine cage from a manufacturer if it wasnt for the shipping costs and headaches. besides, fabrication here is relatively cheap and i have friends who will help me out for some beers and some english lessons and if i promise to lend them the car a few times when its finished Smile

so.. can anyone help me with Baja front bumper and rear engine cage plans? or at least measurements? Even if its just some measurements, i will find a way to turn them into plans.

Thanks so much.
Glenn
Recently had a 1965 Baja (in USA)
glennSKii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers Reply with quote

wont anyone tell me anything? Sad
no1clyde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers Reply with quote

glennSKii wrote:
wont anyone tell me anything? Sad

When I built mine I looked at other bumpers and copied the parts of the ones I liked best but on my car no off the shelf bumpers would fit like mine do. I say just build yours the way you want and to fit your car.

My front bumper.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My rear bumper

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

No bumper I could buy for my car and have the look and fit I wanted Very Happy

Ed
glennSKii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers Reply with quote

thanks everybody!

but i was really hoping someone had some plans, or at least measurements for me.. so i could work on a design in the wintertime.

the car is put away in a dry garage for the winter and it is far from me. i was hoping i could prepare for a bumper build without getting under the car and before stripping the body parts off.

it would be great to at least know the measurements for where the bumpers connect to the car, and some clearances.

anybody?
no1clyde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers Reply with quote

I can't help you with that as there is nothing stock or normal about my car, I was just pointing out that you can just make them fit your car the way they you want them too.

Good luck with your build.

Ed
cptcrusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Building a Baja in Poland -- need to make my own Bumpers Reply with quote

Trying to resurrect this topic a bit. I'm looking to see how well glennSkii has fared with his car, is he still in Poland, etc.

I'm considering a move there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: