Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Grand Tour
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

So I'm sure plenty of us have seen the premier by now. Thoughts?

My feeling was it's way more polished now... I kind of miss the improv of Top Gear, but I'm glad to have them back! Excellent show.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

I kind of half watched it while at work and loved it. I'm going to give it my full attention tonight though. This show is the only reason I have a amazon prime account.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

I have seen some of the preview stuff on YouTube, but have not seen the show yet. I think my wife has Amazon prime, I'll hafta check it out. We (the whole family) loved Top Gear, I hope The Grand Tour can live up.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

watching it right now. I like it. I hope they make "specials" like they did with Top Gear.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Being a military guy the "Air Force" part was funny as hell. After one episode I'm loving it.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

the jab at VW was pretty funny.

and the many reference to the old show were very good.

You can tell that Amazon put alot of money into that show.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

I musta mist tit.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Daughter and I watched it last night. Good stuff. A little slick here and there (lots of money!), and it seems they are off their groove just a little, but still good overall. Can't wait for more!
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

So it has the same three guys on the new show? I like top gear for the most part, The big guy on it was a douche but the other two were cool.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

sixfootdan wrote:
So it has the same three guys on the new show? I like top gear for the most part, The big guy on it was a douche but the other two were cool.

the big guy (Clarkson) was fired from BBC after, from memories, hitting the producer. The other two (May and Hammond) followed him to Amazon to start the same show, under another production.

BBC decided to keep the show alive with a new crew, and i believe it failed big time.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Tech challenged and still trying to figure out how to watch it? On Amazon?
I just don't get it.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
I just don't get it.

Amazon has a TV and movie channel. I watched it by streaming it through my Samsung smart TV thingamabob. My wife has Amazon Prime so we can watch some things on there for free. Other things require a fee or subscription or something.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
I just don't get it.

If you want to watch it when it releases you must have amazon prime. But because we live in a technology world many MANY people have download the full episode to YouTube. Just search for it there if you don't have prime. Just be warned that most of them have funny sound (voices) to bypass copyright laws.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give YouTube a shot. When I go it Amazon.com and click the link my iPad says not compatible or something along those lines.

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Thanks, I'll give YouTube a shot. When I go it Amazon.com and click the link my iPad says not compatible or something along those lines.

You can't just be an Amazon member. You must be an Amazon Prime member. If you are a Prime member you must download the "Amazon Video" app to watch it, and any other shows on iPhone or iPad.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

You know, its one of the only show left that i'm counting days until a new one is available...

Walking Dead? Meh, this season is slow so far. I know it will pick up, but it kind of leaving me and my wife not really looking forward to next show

Big Bang Theory? Meh again. It's slowly loosing speed imho.
nezz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

here are the links for the first two episodes

https://www.animmex.net/video/26468/the-grand-tour-s01e01-part-1

https://www.animmex.net/video/26469/the-grand-tour-s01e01-part-2

https://www.animmex.net/video/26706/the-grand-tour-s01e02-operation-desert-stumble
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

Second episode wasn't bad.

the army thing was kind of long at times, but was an hour well spent.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

I enjoyed it. Yes, they put a fair chunk of change into it, so I'm glad they didn't cheap out. It may take a while to hit its stride, but it's very watchable even now.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Grand Tour Reply with quote

It still has my interest. I enjoy Mike Skinner bad mouthing the cars as he's flogging them around the track.

I also find it funny that each week so far the celebrity guest has been killed. I truly hope they continue that through the entire season.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: