Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where to buy best quality body panels?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1959Bigbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

I have a 59 panel that im getting ready to star restoring and there are a few body panels i need to replace. My question is Who sells the best quality/fitting replacement body panels? I was told by a friend to get them from wolfsberg west by a few friends but figured i would get a broader range of opinions before i buy them.
Thanks in advanced!
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

There is no " best". Gerson at Klassic Fab makes good stuff
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

Have them cut off the same year car from a junkyard in the SouthWest. Best fitting, best steel!
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

My understanding when talking to a REALLY good restorer is Klassic Fab, WW and there was another place that I don't remember. It seems like they each have different panels so between all three you should be able to find what you need in the better quality. Be sitting when you price the stuff out.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
green1303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

For reproduction panels, the answer depends on which panel you need. No individual shop has a complete lineup of the best available body metal.
ateneo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

If it is body panels and floors, I would use Klassic Fab panels. But if they are just outriggers, WolfburgWest are fine. If they are just simple short panels, I would recommend that you fabricate those yourself & save money.
1971 Deluxe bus
1969 Bus
1962 Bug
1963 Bug
"Rust free" means Rust is FREE. The rest is junk.
ssx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy best quality body panels? Reply with quote

I bought a bunch of parts from Gerson for my old Doublecab and was very happy with his parts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: