Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake Reservoir for Dual Master Cylinder
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
styroman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Brake Reservoir for Dual Master Cylinder Reply with quote

I learned on the samba to do this if you have a Buggy or a kit car that allows easy side-on viewing of the brake cylinder/reservoir:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
It simply snaps into the top of a dual master cylinder, instead of this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
It is sold on Amazon as a Cardone 1R-1921 Master Cylinder Reservoir, and fits several Volvo 200 series cars, notably the early 240.

Last edited by styroman on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Reservoir for Dual Master Cylinder Reply with quote

So with the Cardone reservoir, to check your fluid level you have to jack up the front end and either roll underneath with a creeper or else remove the left front tire and get down on your hands and knees? I'll stick with bending over the spare tire while my feet are on the ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
styroman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Reservoir for Dual Master Cylinder Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
So with the Cardone reservoir, to check your fluid level you have to jack up the front end and either roll underneath with a creeper or else remove the left front tire and get down on your hands and knees? I'll stick with bending over the spare tire while my feet are on the ground.
I'll edit my post for Buggies only. Thanks!
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Reservoir for Dual Master Cylinder Reply with quote

But.....thanks for posting this anyway. Not all of us drive bugs, buses or type 3s.

My type 4 has the resovoir in the trunk....fluid hoses go through the firewall and feed the master cylinders (clutch and brake) mounted on the pedal cluster. I will be moving them to the trunk during this rebuild...which is where the factory put the power brake unit version.

Knowing whers to get an ATE type replacement resovoir that top mounts like that saves me a search. And.....I just bought an early 240 resovoir cap this past week....to make an adapter for my pressure bleeder....because its the same size as my mk 6 golf.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
styroman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Reservoir for Dual Master Cylinder Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
But.....thanks for posting this anyway. Not all of us drive bugs, buses or type 3s.

My type 4 has the resovoir in the trunk....fluid hoses go through the firewall and feed the master cylinders (clutch and brake) mounted on the pedal cluster. I will be moving them to the trunk during this rebuild...which is where the factory put the power brake unit version.

Knowing whers to get an ATE type replacement resovoir that top mounts like that saves me a search. And.....I just bought an early 240 resovoir cap this past week....to make an adapter for my pressure bleeder....because its the same size as my mk 6 golf.

Ray
Cool! I was so impressed with this, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have the info put up front every now and then.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: