Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Id like see when and what the topic was,
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

?????
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Deleted
(I thought you were making a thing for people to post what their first posts were my mistake Embarassed) Cali_Army_Guy is right.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.

Last edited by 67ctbug on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Maybe PM Everett and ask him? Sounds interesting enough to me.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Just go to your profile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Then go to find all topics started by you and go to the last page. That's the first thread you've made.

Can also go to the link for all the posts you've ever made. Again, go to the last page to see your first post.

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

I think he means the very first post (by anyone) on The Samba.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Oh so I was right? I'm gonna wait for confirmation.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

I read it as what Cali_Army_Guy stated above.
Your first post on this Forum.
If you have a lot of posts, this might be hard to figure out since there is a maximum # returned by the search system.
You could find the first thread you started though by searching on yourself as the thread starter

If it's the very first post on this Forum for anyone, it's this thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19070

The first post in that thread is post #1:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1#1
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

so let's go real old-school:

VW Planet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

I think we were called the Type II and Type III Experience first?

That seems like a million years ago. I remember Everett having to manually add people's classified ads to the site in the evenings. He started worrying about being too busy when he was getting several a day. Laughing Good times.

If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Air-Cooled Head wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

VW Planet

More old school at [email protected] It's where I first became acquainted with Glenn and Bill May. It was all text no pics late 1990s thereabouts. It still looks exists as a facebook page I think.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Air-Cooled Head wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

VW Planet

I don't think there was ever a Forum while it was VW Planet.
There was another Forum program before this one but as far as I can recall everything was lost/ditched when I moved to this Forum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19070&highlight=
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

It is interesting to read theSamba Memberlist. There are quite a few early members from 2000 who still frequent and post on the site to this day.
On the other hand, there are a LOT of early registrants who not only never posted at all but never logged in after the first day.
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

I've been trying to remember a couple VW sites from the late 90s-------anyone remember *** 'The Wall'--can't remember the prefix (*) name.
Also there was another site by a dutch guy, de Ploof, Van de Ploof or Ploog--anyone remember?
I visited The Samba for years before signing on.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
It is interesting to read theSamba Memberlist. There are quite a few early members from 2000 who still frequent and post on the site to this day.
On the other hand, there are a LOT of early registrants who not only never posted at all but never logged in after the first day.

Yes, there are a lot of accounts from when I made the site how it is now with logins.
I converted all of the existing forum posts and photos to this new format.
Converting those old posts/photos required them to be assigned to an account so an account was made. They may or may not ever used it after that creation date.
Occasionally I find someone with a super old account that is just their name with a photo or 2 and I know their new account so I combine them together.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
iowegian wrote:

Yes, there are a lot of accounts from when I made the site how it is now with logins.
Converting those old posts/photos required them to be assigned to an account so an account was made. They may or may not ever used it after that creation date.
Occasionally I find someone with a super old account that is just their name with a photo or 2 and I know their new account so I combine them together.
I sometimes wonder if I had made an account or if I had posted stuff before I "signed up" in 2003. I know I was sending you stuff to scan and put on the site back when it was still VW Planet.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
EverettB wrote:
iowegian wrote:

I sometimes wonder if I had made an account or if I had posted stuff before I "signed up" in 2003. I know I was sending you stuff to scan and put on the site back when it was still VW Planet.

You could try searching the member list for people with your name or names you might have used, look at the photos and see if any of those are you under super old accounts
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Huh.. I read it as who was the very first to post (other than Everette) and what the topic was..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TS. very 1st forum,very 1st post.? Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Huh.. I read it as who was the very first to post (other than Everette) and what the topic was..

Same

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: