Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Winter Vacation
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Winter Vacation Reply with quote

yes florida is also good this time of year...so I left and interlocken is awesome as is all of this place (switzerland) fricken awesome. I done do south fl tomany tourist.....and the atlantic beachs arnt my style. destin/fortwalton beach aera is home.powder white beaches emerold colored water ,although it's a little cool there this tyme of year and the fishing fleets dont run(charter boats,lotsa of them in destin).not a lot to do in the winter so tourist are gone...as am I. I havent been out west in somany years I cant even imangune going back...aint gonna happen. so choose wizely and with all of your budget in mind.and eat all the local back street places you can for the best food&deals.and above all keep smiling and have fun,relax.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Vacation Reply with quote

Well, once again I missed the beautiful Salton Sea. Crying or Very sad
After crossing Iowa and Nebraska and into Wyoming and through Colorado and Utah and a bit of Nevada we stopped in Southern California before heading through Arizona, a bit of New Mexico, and a LOT of Texas. Ended up in Port Aransas, Tx on the Gulf of Mexico for a while. Warm, cheap, and uncrowded in off-season there. Then a LOT more Texas, Arkansas, Missouri,and Iowa to get home. I drove 6,000 miles and the wife slept for 6,000 miles. Uffdah.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Vacation Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
After crossing Iowa and Nebraska and into Wyoming and through Colorado and Utah and a bit of Nevada we stopped in Southern California before heading through Arizona, a bit of New Mexico, and a LOT of Texas. Ended up in Port Aransas, Tx on the Gulf of Mexico for a while. Warm, cheap, and uncrowded in off-season there. Then a LOT more Texas, Arkansas, Missouri,and Iowa to get home. I drove 6,000 miles and the wife slept for 6,000 miles. Uffdah.

My parents (life long Minnesotans) stay in Rockport TX in the winter. You were just a hop-skip-jump away!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Vacation Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
iowegian wrote:

My parents (life long Minnesotans) stay in Rockport TX in the winter. You were just a hop-skip-jump away!

You betcha.
Just a straight shot down from Hutch.
I'll bet that half of the license plates that we saw were either Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin (with a smattering of North Dakota and Nebraska tossed in) but we rolled incognito. (Rent-a-Car with Indiana plates) Laughing
We took the ferry over to the mainland and drove to Rockport one day.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: