Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ruby red '63 patina project
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bus guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

GüteAndTite wrote:
I was wondering something. I have the same timer for the Eberspacher heater as your car. Do you know if the heater can be turned on and off aeperwate of the timer or must you always turn the heater to on, then additional turn the heater timer to on as well for the heater to work???

I haven't really investigated it yet, but I can't see a normal on off switch for the Eberspacher on this car..
GüteAndTite
Early Convertible Güru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

bus guy wrote:
GüteAndTite wrote:
I was wondering something. I have the same timer for the Eberspacher heater as your car. Do you know if the heater can be turned on and off aeperwate of the timer or must you always turn the heater to on, then additional turn the heater timer to on as well for the heater to work???

I haven't really investigated it yet, but I can't see a normal on off switch for the Eberspacher on this car..

I'm guessing when you install the timer you leave the heater in on position, but there's a cool down cycle when you turn it off, so not sure how that would be initiated without the original switch as it mechanically vents he got air into the trunk while the heater fan continues to run and cool down. The original switch is a rod that has an ivory knob and exits under the dash to the left of the steering column. Do you see a knob there?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=462533
61-67 Delanair Air conditioning Thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=457944&highlight=air+conditioning

PUNCTUATION CHANGES THE WORLD: "I need to help my uncle, Jack, off a horse" is way better than, "I need to help my uncle jack off a horse"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aust1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

Hi, I’ve just purchased this. has now had a pair of pans and channels fitted. Looking forward to investigating her history further.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

Congratulations, welcome to the addiction.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
robert hogaboam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

Great car. Love the moss look. Here are a couple of my 63s. Start and finish photos
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aust1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

Bit of progress on my daily. Lowered it with a beam I rebuilt. Need smaller front tyres to go lower. Gradually working my round repairing the little bits of rot around the edges.

[/img]
Aust1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby red '63 patina project Reply with quote

When I purchased the bonnet had been painted in a darker shade badly years ago. Not a single chemical in my workshop would touch it so resorted to using wet and dry paper. Paint underneath far from perfect but at least it matches now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: