Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any vapers here at thesamba?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think vaping is a safe alternative to smoking? Would you switch?
Yeah it's a safer alternative, I already switched/planning to switch
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
No its not, But im still switching/planning to
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Safer but not interested in switching
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dont know, Dont care!
78%
 78%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 23

bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

[quote="ccpalmer"]"... I have to figure it is much healthier."

I would rephrase that. Maybe "It doesn't cause as rapid an onset of all the diseases associated with smoking tobacco..." but who knows if it really does or not.

Glenn is right - in 20 years we'll know for sure what damage it caused you, probably sooner.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bug1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
You hope this will never happen to you.
http://ktla.com/2016/05/19/vaporizer-explodes-in-ny-mans-face-rips-hole-in-his-tongue/

Probably not, Im using one of those "regulated" devices with the best batteries I could find (Sony VTC5, Samsung 25R, and LG HG3 which have all been proven good by those flashlight enthusiasts) not those cheap ass pencils you could get in the gas station...
bug1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
I vape and love it. Much cheaper and I have to figure it is much healthier. Can't be any worse, right? When I see people smoking I think to myself "You still do that?"

For you pot smokers out there the Volcano is the only way to go.

I agree when you say "love it" but I cant say for sure that its healthier... At least vapes not as stinky as cigs right? Very Happy
bug1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

Main ingredients of vape "e-liquid": Propelyne glycol (found in many food such as mayo, but could also be found in radiator coolant!), Vegetable glycerine (Found in vegetables I guess?) Nicotine (optional), Flavorings.
flavorings are what scare me the most, as you dont know what chemicals they put in it to achieve the taste... (so I only buy "e-liquid" from reputable brands, mostly the expensive ones...)

Atleast vape doesnt contain carbon monoxide (stuff found in the tailpipe of my bug)...

Whats 10 or so chems compared to the hundreds found in cigs?

Im not trying to advertise nor convince anybody to switch, just stating facts that may be useful to anybody who wants to switch/is curious...
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
I vape and love it. Much cheaper and I have to figure it is much healthier. Can't be any worse, right? When I see people smoking I think to myself "You still do that?".

Nothing worse to see someone vaping and thinking they are winning over their health concerns Rolling Eyes
Then have the audacity to criticize some one still smokes.
my addictive personality brings me to these threads Wink
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

It's the glycol, glycerides & other synthetic components that should worry you more. That oily factor is known to cause lung failure. Much like one drop of oil can coat an entire lake, inhaled oils can coat the lungs & prevent oxygen from being absorbed by the lungs. Look up "popcorn lung".

Here's an article on popcorn lung linking it to "vaping"
http://www.lung.org/about-us/blog/2016/07/popcorn-lung-risk-ecigs.html

The biggest problem with "vaping" is that it's mostly an unregulated industry that hasn't met the scrutiny of all the health & governing bodies & all the research on long term causes & effects that other tobacco products have therefore giving the illusion that it's safer.

Continuing use of "vaping" products is much the same as all the cigarette smokers that say "it won't happen to me".

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
bug1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
It's the glycol, glycerides & other synthetic components that should worry you more. That oily factor is known to cause lung failure. Much like one drop of oil can coat an entire lake, inhaled oils can coat the lungs & prevent oxygen from being absorbed by the lungs. Look up "popcorn lung".

Here's an article on popcorn lung linking it to "vaping"
http://www.lung.org/about-us/blog/2016/07/popcorn-lung-risk-ecigs.html

The biggest problem with "vaping" is that it's mostly an unregulated industry that hasn't met the scrutiny of all the health & governing bodies & all the research on long term causes & effects that other tobacco products have therefore giving the illusion that it's safer.

Continuing use of "vaping" products is much the same as all the cigarette smokers that say "it won't happen to me".

I am very much aware of that as I have done extensive research on vaping. That is why I buy "e-liquids" that are reputable and have those "lab tests" posted on them (though im unsure if they are legitimate)...

popcorn lung is caused by diacetyl, which is found in butter. though im aware that most "juice" companies have stopped producing buttery flavors with diacetyl, im unsure if the cheaper brands have stopped (reason why I dont vape buttery flavors)

I must agree that vaping is not a regulated industry. Quality control standards should be set and more research must be done. (though I've read about "conspiracies" saying that the big tobacco companies are trying to prevent/stall such research.)

Again, Im not trying to defend, advertise, or promote vaping. Just sharing what I know about it.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

just google "douche flute". you'll get the picture.

bug1200 wrote:
From building it (seriously, building the thing is more addictive than vaping it) to finding new flavors and making big clouds...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

seriously though, congrats on stopping smoking (presuming you meatn cigs), but stopping playing the DF should be next on the list.
bug1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
just google "douche flute". you'll get the picture.

bug1200 wrote:
From building it (seriously, building the thing is more addictive than vaping it) to finding new flavors and making big clouds...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

seriously though, congrats on stopping smoking (presuming you meatn cigs), but stopping playing the DF should be next on the list.

Im sorry, but I dont show off my "big clouds" in the public...

I use a "wismec releaux rx200" at home, at 70 Watts.
But out in the public, I just use an "ipv d2" at 20 Watts as I dont want to disturb and/or upset people from big chunks of smoke (or vapor) going to their faces... (specially those "smokeaphobics/vapeaphobics" if theres such a word, those types of people rant alot.) and its a lot lighter to put in the pocket and carry around too!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

Yet your poll is slanted towards justifying use of the products. The only option not condoning the use is "Don't know, don't care" & that is far different than "no, it's a different means of destroying my health"

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

I don't want to bash you but.....you don't seem to realize the health hazard. It's like switching from a heroin addiction to a Percocet addiction.

And, "smokeaphobics/vapeaphobics" - they aren't "phobics" - they are realists. A phobia is irrational.

You should be afraid of smoking and vaping.

Research is not going to tell you it's okay to smoke or vape. No need to read it. Similar to the commercials on Prevagen. They make "research claims" but if you read about the research, you'll see not to believe it.

But to each, his own. Just like VWs.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

The biggest problem with "vaping" is that it's mostly an unregulated industry that hasn't met the scrutiny of all the health & governing bodies

This is very true, and I wish they would regulate it more.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Yet your poll is slanted towards justifying use of the products. The only option not condoning the use is "Don't know, don't care" & that is far different than "no, it's a different means of destroying my health"

This is one of the few threads ever where I agree with TDCTDI's opinions and line of reasoning. Good we have something on which our opinions mesh.

Smoking AND vaping suck. Have fun killing yourself.
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

I think they should offer "butter flavored" vape fluid to go with that popcorn lung.

I can't stand that stuff.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
Have fun killing yourself.

That's the spirit! Have fun with it!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

jwold wrote:
I think they should offer "butter flavored" vape fluid to go with that popcorn lung.

I can't stand that stuff.

Now that would be more addictive than crack.

TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:

This is very true, and I wish they would regulate it more.

Why do you want more government regulations to save you from yourself?

60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

because they are incapable of going it themselves Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

Back when these vapes first came out maybe five years ago or so, I remember thinking how douchey it was that you had to take a smoke break and go outside to vape. I'm standing there in the smoking area having a camel filter and this poor office guy has to vape next to me and my " dirty smoke".
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Any vapers here at thesamba? Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
Back when these vapes first came out maybe five years ago or so, I remember thinking how douchey it was that you had to take a smoke break and go outside to vape. I'm standing there in the smoking area having a camel filter and this poor office guy has to vape next to me and my " dirty smoke".

Curious... Where did you think they should do it? Inside at their work space?

I don't want someone either smoking or vaping near me. Anywhere.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: