Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody have scammers contact them regarding samba classifieds?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlutterb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Anybody have scammers contact them regarding samba classifieds? Reply with quote

I got an email from a non-Samba member asking questions about an item that where clearly included in my ad.......vehicle color and year. Anybody else have folks contacting them like this? I know craigslist is riddled with scammers, was surprised to see it from a Samba classified.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kreemoweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody have scammers contact them regarding samba classifieds? Reply with quote

Why "scammer"? Anyone in the world can see your ads and click on "email this advertiser".

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
rlutterb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody have scammers contact them regarding samba classifieds? Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but if you look at my current classified add, it's hard to miss that it's a big ass green 1972 bus, and the content of the email was 'I'm highly interested in your car. What color and year is it'.
I'm just asking if folks are seeing any scammers responding to samba classifieds in the same manner that we see craigslist scammers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody have scammers contact them regarding samba classifieds? Reply with quote

Moved to Site Forum...

Yes, I believe that was a scammer and have banned that email address from contacting sellers.

You will get an automated email from the site since you were contacted.

Yes, scammers use the site A LOT.
99% of them get blocked because I have tons of filters in place but sometimes they get through.

If you ever have any doubt about someone who inquires, email me directly.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: