Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where to get this horn part?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irish911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Where to get this horn part? Reply with quote

I read an excellent thread on fixing a horn for a '60 beetle. I borrowed one of the pictures as I am missing the brass contact ring in my set up (see picture). Does anyone know where to find these as I could not locate one with the usual suppliers. Any help is appreciated, or maybe someone has one lying in their spare parts bin they are willing to part with.
Thanks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get this horn part? Reply with quote

Hi Irish- I'm a '60 owner too. The horn and steering column (as I'm sure you've found out) are one of the peculiarities specific to the 60-61 beetle.

There is no aftermarket for most of these parts. What you need to find is a wrecked or salvage 1960 beetle steering column to harvest for parts.

You can try some of the US vendors, but I assume the shipping cost to the UK would be enormous relative to the part cost.

You can try to post a WTB in the classifieds.

Or, consider switching to a 1962-up column, for which a lot of aftermarket parts are available.
Irish911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get this horn part? Reply with quote

Do these look like the correct part(s)?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: