Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle??
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle?? Reply with quote

Don't feel claustrophobic IN the car at all, but why are all the other vehicles on the road so big? I need a periscope to see ahead. Shocked
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle?? Reply with quote

modok wrote:
Don't feel claustrophobic IN the car at all, but why are all the other vehicles on the road so big? I need a periscope to see ahead. Shocked

I would think where you live you would have a pretty good view looking below the trucks.
d4xycrq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle?? Reply with quote

Speaking of periscopes....I was tested for claustrophobia. By the US Navy.

Happily spent many days underwater in a long black submarine. No issues. So, perhaps it stands to reason I never felt claustrophobic in my Beetle.

But it was a Super (73), and I was smaller!
Ecto Aircooler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle?? Reply with quote

Honestly my bug is very roomy I feel, every other car I drove my head bumped on the roof being 6,2. Many people have told me my bug looks much bigger inside than it does on the outside, only problem is the steering wheel when im getting INTO the car and well the whole "move your leg im trying to shift, no get your leg off the shifter!"
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle?? Reply with quote

I drive an 87 Toyota pickup. It is small inside, and seems to fit me perfectly. Getting into a bug these days just feels too small. I have no issues with claustrophobia, I just like a little more space.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Are you claustrophobic inside the Beetle?? Reply with quote

Type 3 Squarebacks are bigger than Type 1 Beetles & will haul a lot! Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: