Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Saving a Colorado flood Victim
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gm4lnch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Hell yeah save it. We need more type 3's here in Colorado. I am trying to get both of my squarebacks going, one at a time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
corythosaurus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Maybe the previous owner took some pictures?
corythosaurus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
XCAV8D

I like it!
jgerock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

I was thinking of a Peru Green 69 SB (4 speed). Guess I'll have to remember the VIN of this car just in case..

Flooded cars must be thoroughly cleaned. All the foam used for body cavity stuffing etc. will require discarding. Wiring harnesses may not be salvageable.
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Jgerock,
Don't you worry she is in good hands. I will make sure I remember your user name so she ends up in someone else's hands if I decide to let her go! Cool
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Cory,
I liked them all but that was my favorite.
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Gm4lnck,
What year are your squares?
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

I have a T-3 roof if you need it, I'm just down the the road . PM me for details
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Wanted to update my thred. So this past weekend my buddy Kris and I went out to FT Colin's to look at a 71 squareback and a couple FI type three motors from 2 difrent sellers. I have been on the hunt for anothere Fi motor for this 69. The 2 motors I was looking at turned out to be a bust but the 71 my budy Kris was after ended up being a running driving FI square from Aspen that you could tell was well loved and we'll maintained. My Budy just needed some parts for a 71 he is building for his sone. So I purchased the square agreeing to give 2nd generation part needed to my Budy Kris to complete his sons car. The rest of the square is mine and it will give all its drive train over to bring the CO flood victims a second lease in life. This will help the process of getting this car back on the road.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
corythosaurus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Nice find! Looks like a win, win!
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

69 Notchback wrote:
Wanted to update my thred. So this past weekend my buddy Kris and I went out to FT Colin's to look at a 71 squareback and a couple FI type three motors from 2 difrent sellers. I have been on the hunt for anothere Fi motor for this 69. The 2 motors I was looking at turned out to be a bust but the 71 my budy Kris was after ended up being a running driving FI square from Aspen that you could tell was well loved and we'll maintained. My Budy just needed some parts for a 71 he is building for his sone. So I purchased the square agreeing to give 2nd generation part needed to my Budy Kris to complete his sons car. The rest of the square is mine and it will give all its drive train over to bring the CO flood victims a second lease in life. This will help the process of getting this car back on the road.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So you're going to part the above car to fix the flood victim?
I thought you were going to make a twin to Brian's car. It's already got a great start doing that. Wink
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Bob, yes this will be a donner car for the flood victim. To much rust in the body for me to save. Not much of a second generation type 3 person!

Cory yes a win win for sure.
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Nice dig man. Sucks for the mud, but i like the car. What are your plans to keep for the Black sqr? Is it an auto car? Looks like you got some work ahead, good luck on the journey.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving a Colorado flood Victim Reply with quote

Sqrbckguy 38
The dark blue 71 is a manuel trans. I will bull all its drive train and interior to put in the green flood victim square. Should be a Saturday afternoon job! Lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: