Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
beccap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Hey, thief who cut the cable and stole my newer California Car Cover, beige, for my '87 Vanagon last night-
Sorry, but you dropped your cigarettes (Marlboros) and your wire cutter, so stop by, and I will give them back.
May karma bless you.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: STOLEN california car cover for vanagon Reply with quote

Wow. That's pretty low. I mean what could you expect to get for a used car cover at a pawn shop? A good laugh by the owner? $7? And for a lowlife to have a Vanagon worth covering with the ill gotten cover? Not so much.

Gotta be frustrating.

On car covers, I get the $60 Costco covers and they do pretty well but I'm not sure if the brand has one for vans - I've only seen regular cars.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

does the poster think the thief frequents the samba?

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

@ the OP...

you may want to go to some swap meets in your area this weekend and some next weekends..

good luck
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

For the amount of effort it's gonna take to locate that cover (of course you had it clearly tattooed with your name , address , & phone number on it) you would be much better off just buying another one.
The clown that has yours is probably using it.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Boy you NW folks hang out with a tough crowd!

And people think that the greater NYC area is dangerous and crime ridden! Rolling Eyes

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beccap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
does the poster think the thief frequents the samba?

Absolutely not being accusatory, this community is great... I am relying on the positive intention of the Samba readers to help... maybe someone will see it and help bring it home!
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Given where you live, I wonder if the target was not the van itself and the thief was just interrupted.
I would look into some extra security measures pronto if I were you.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Better covers have a provision for a locking devise.

Locating a stolen cover will be like pulling hens teeth.
Difficult.

Maybe a street person needed a blanket.
He's probably thanking you right now.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Terry Kay wrote:

Difficult.

blanket? heck that cover makes a mansion of a tent! look for van shaped tents at the homeless encampments, it might be the stolen cover.

good luck on theft recovery, but I seriously doubt you will have such luck. Crying or Very sad

If your insurance is good and has a low deductable, the cover might be covered (punny isnt it??) by the policy as a stolen car accesory. I got a 50 buck deductable on my van, sure a van cover is worth more than 50 bucks, so Id claim it as a loss to the insurance.

check your policy, you might be covered even though your van is currently not covered (there I go again) Wink

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
beccap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Terry Kay wrote:

Difficult.

Thanks, TK!
This cover had a cable that went through grommets on each side, and was padlocked. The thief used wire cutters to try to cut the cable, and then ended up ripping the fabric.
In their haste, they left the wire cutters, and smokes.

I guess it could have been worse, my van "Lurch" and peace sign bumper magnet are still here!
JDub113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacoma: Stolen California Car Cover for Vanagon Reply with quote

Something spooked him in the process to leave those behind. Or he was high and actually forgot them. Sorry to hear that.

There are like $60 video cameras you get on amazon which you can stream on your phone etc if you wanted to keep an eye on the place. Why steal a vanagon cover and not own one yourself? Don't want him coming back for more.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: