Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

And the hits keep coming.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: And the hits keep coming. Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Bought the van, tried to transfer the title, title was of by one character, a "7" that should have been a "Z".
Had to take it to state patrol for an inspection, $$. Sad

THIS ^^^ &$@*# Sad

I was titling a motorcycle at a license office in WA. The lady asked me to confirm my name and address. I went one further and checked the VIN. I told her it was wrong. She sneered. Then she looked and saw she entered the title #, not the VIN.

Had I not checked that incompetent bum would have wasted half a day of my time getting the title corrected.

Lesson: Always check other people's work when the burden to fix it is not on them. They may sneer and have hurt feelings but that's their problem (and anyone who cares won't sneer or have hurt feelings).

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: And the hits keep coming. Reply with quote

Oops, dbl post...

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).

Last edited by jimf909 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
amwaj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: And the hits keep coming. Reply with quote

Bought an 83.5, and an 84 tin-top vans....replaced: entire cooling systems (including all temp sensors, hoses, water pumps, pipes, recovery and fill tanks, radiator, and heater cores), fuel systems(tank rearward), tune up kits, vacuum hoses, serviced auto transmission and did the seals, new German CV joints, exhaust systems, (oxygen sensors as well) wheel bearings, brakes all the way through...both road trip-ready...keep you posted what breaks...(notice I didn't say IF anything breaks)
andrewvwco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: And the hits keep coming. Reply with quote

It's part of having a old vw van some hate it others love the work to do.

We bought Maple last year and have put $1,000ish in parts, belts, and exc.
Plan on more work and a new camper top. I enjoy keeping this old van happy.
Here is pic of the belts and camping in the woods. Can't go to the woods if the belts are about to break.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Chainsaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: And the hits keep coming. Reply with quote

Ha! You guys are at least making me feel like Im not alone. Oh well. I spent $5000 solid axle swapping a truck, whats a few grand to fix up an even cooler van. I....just have to get my wife to see it that way...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: