Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus sightings / Spotter's thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOMMY GFK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SWEET LIL. PANEL I CAUGHT ON HWY 58 IN BAKERSFIELD A FEW WEEKS AGO ... Cool
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Busses Spotted Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
dgsaz wrote:
San Diego, Nimitz Blvd in Point Loma. Maroon and white standard. Sometimes under a cover. Rarely moved.

Ha ha ha. I see it all the time. Someone was working on the motor last month when I drove by.

And now it's gone!!!! I should have stopped. He probably sold it for $100, or gave it to Father Joe, or some guy who's going to make it into a dune buggy...............Ahhhhh the horror.

Wait a minute. Get a hold of yourself..........not like that, pull yourself together.

Maybe its just out for an oil change.

It's been there for 4-5 years. I do wonder what happened to it.

dgsaz
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1madmanx wrote:
Saw this DC on my way to work this morning in Wilmington, NC. Is this someone's new baby?

Hey bud that's Kenny's new DC he just bought from california.
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Busses Spotted Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Ha ha ha. I see it all the time. Someone was working on the motor last month when I drove by.

And now it's gone!!!! I should have stopped. He probably sold it for $100, or gave it to Father Joe, or some guy who's going to make it into a dune buggy...............Ahhhhh the horror.

Wait a minute. Get a hold of yourself..........not like that, pull yourself together.

dgsaz

Are you sure it was a maroon and white standard and not a maroon and white deluxe? There was one on nimtz blvd, parked along side a wall, facing the same direction of traffic.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found them on another thread. Laughing

http://www.thedangerz.com/surf-to-snorkel-east-cape/

Edit: New thread.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530204

Fish wrote:
Sighted in OB 08/19/12 a long way from home, British Columbia.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by Fish on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Other Busses Spotted Reply with quote

IN2RUST wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

dgsaz

Are you sure it was a maroon and white standard and not a maroon and white deluxe? There was one on nimtz blvd, parked along side a wall, facing the same direction of traffic.

That's the one. And it's still gone.

dgsaz
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Other Busses Spotted Reply with quote

dgsaz wrote:
Fish wrote:
dgsaz wrote:
San Diego, Nimitz Blvd in Point Loma. Maroon and white standard. Sometimes under a cover. Rarely moved.

dgsaz
Someone probably stole it after you posted it's location?.
I , for one, wouldn't appreciate someone posting the location of my bus for all to see on the internet. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It deffinetly was not bought for a 100.00 bill or sold to someone that will build a buggy out of it. It is in a dry garage now.
BDWannaB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Simmzy's Single Cab Reply with quote

Simmzy's single cab in the Manhattan Beach mall parking lot last Friday. First time I've ever seen it. I guess Simmzy's is a pub in Manhattan. They've got one in Long Beach too.

RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolled up on this pressed bumper Kombi in the South Bay today...nice to see a splitty getting used on such a nice day!

I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
ifxwrks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday saw a pgsg on I 75 just north of Bowling Green Ohio on a car carrier pulled on the side of the road loaded with all these new cars except for the bus and old mercedes on the back end. What a site maybe someone is getting a new toy. No pictures sorry caught me by surprise.
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifxwrks wrote:
Yesterday saw a pgsg on I 75 just north of Bowling Green Ohio on a car carrier pulled on the side of the road loaded with all these new cars except for the bus and old mercedes on the back end. What a site maybe someone is getting a new toy. No pictures sorry caught me by surprise.

Some truck driver shot this...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kevinj73us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted this nice yellow and white splitty on the M# heading into London yesterday. Was a quick shot, sorry 'bout the focus.

kj
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Busses Spotted Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
dgsaz wrote:
Fish wrote:
dgsaz wrote:

dgsaz
Someone probably stole it after you posted it's location?.
I , for one, wouldn't appreciate someone posting the location of my bus for all to see on the internet. Confused

Agreed, but this location is a main commuter artery and more people see it driving by than everyone here on the Samba. It would be like a bus parked in the front yard sideways next to the street on Katella in Anaheim or on Coast Highway. I have not and would not post a location of someone's bus that was not clearly visible by public view. Even some pictures now days will show GPS location where it was taken. Some cameras do it automatically so you have to be aware of that when posting.

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BDWannaB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Rebel Coast Winery Reply with quote

Rebel Coast Winery Bus in Redondo Beach....www.rebelcoastwinery.com

DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Seeing Neighbors. Reply with quote

Terrible photo from the freeway, and I lightened the photo since it was taken at night, but here is our fantastic neighbor Joseph driving one of his nice splitties on the 80 heading north near Berkeley, California.

crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Seeing Neighbors. Reply with quote

DadaCheese wrote:
Terrible photo from the freeway, and I lightened the photo since it was taken at night, but here is our fantastic neighbor Joseph driving one of his nice splitties on the 80 heading north near Berkeley, California.

Or Jahnai...

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
maddog125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spotted this sweet 23 boppin around San Fran a few times recently:

BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the day of Bob Baker Southern California show, 2015, saw this '66 deluxe south of there after the show must have gotten over. Don't know owner, don't know if it was at the show. Slobberingly pretty bus I thought. Wonder if something went wrong or that is how it travels.

SDBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
On the day of Bob Baker Southern California show, 2015, saw this '66 deluxe south of there after the show must have gotten over. Don't know owner, don't know if it was at the show. Slobberingly pretty bus I thought. Wonder if something went wrong or that is how it travels.

Yep, this is what happens when you take your project out for a ride and it isn't ready for prime-time. I had four "rollers" on it and no spare. The right rear tire started to fail on my way back down the coast and the whole bus was wobbling from side-to-side. I stopped in front of Swami's and called at least three tire shops only to find nobody open on Sunday. The flatbed ride cost me as much as two new tires and an argument with my co-pilot (wife). Four new Hankooks and I'm back on the road again.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: