Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwcru - [email protected] - Don
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwcru
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad deal Reply with quote

'69Custom wrote:
vetta vw wrote:
First problem is that don asked if we could send money as a gift so that the good people at paypal get screwed for doing a good job for us...
Sending money via PayPal as a gift does not screw anybody out of anything. All it does is transfer the fees from one person to the other. In this case, you would be paying the PayPal fees instead of Don.

I agree. sending as a "gift / friend /family" (which ever button paypal has up) is not an issue.

Paypal is not "brokering" any of the transactions, they don't take the pics or market the items, they are just a middleman looking to get a piece of everyones deals.

sellers are here in a tight group selling specifically to a small group of VW enthusiast. One could say we are all "friends" in the VW community.

Paypal does nothing to support a seller.
If we send you an item and you don't like, your able to complain, send it back, and get reimbursed fully.
We lose.
No one pays us back our time to package or our shipping costs for your "looking at or seeing if it's good enough for you"

Having you pay as "gift /friend" is our protection. It safe guards us from "paying" for you to look, touch, tire kick.

Sure there are some out there that will scam you..but there are buyers out there that know how to scam as well..

I had a guy steal 15" date stamped bus wheels from me through a paypal transaction.
He simply made a paypal complaint claiming they were not correct, placed bug wheels in the boxes and send that back. All he had to do was show paypal shipping something back and about the same weight.
Paypal was useless in protecting my interests, yet they are more than willing to take a portion of every sale made.

I lost $360 on that Scam!!!!

My advice:
If your not comfortable making a transaction long distance without the recourse to get your money back if your not happy, get in a car or on a plane and GO MAKE THE TRANSACTION IN PERSON.
jdavisracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: roofrack clamps Reply with quote

Great experience with Don, worked out a great price and shipped fast. Very happy. Jdavisracing
brad green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: [email protected] Don Reply with quote

Don got me what I needed on time. Very Happy
Clamback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Takin' it back. Reply with quote

Don isn't horrible or slow.

It just took me a while to get my stuff and I was being all whiny about it.
Sorry for the bad feed back.'

Have a good day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Plant6367
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought original child cot bars for my SO42 from Don, great seller and honest person. Very happy, Thank you.

Ian
vwcru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLAMBACK. I want to thank you for posting your response. It means a lot to me, and it takes a lot more effort to post a positive response after a not so positive response. Thanks Brother!! VWCRU
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don, got a dollar? Cool Cool

Hope things are going well for you, remember you driving the 21 window up to Lake Wholford and having Catfish, good times !!!!

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
mk1moose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: [email protected] Don Reply with quote

Purchased an old Holley intake manifold from Don. Was a little concerned at first when I noticed it in the box with no padding, but there was no damage. Another satisfied customer. Thanks, Don.
bugstar70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Dumped Reply with quote

Few days ago I received an empty package from the USA here in Germany.
So he dumped me and just took my money for an old hegglin oil filter system.
Maybe some knows the guy and help.....
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Dumped Reply with quote

bugstar70 wrote:
Few days ago I received an empty package from the USA here in Germany.
So he dumped me and just took my money for an old hegglin oil filter system.
Maybe some knows the guy and help.....

If I understand you correctly you are saying you bought something and received an empty package.

I would email Don and ask for assistance.
Did the box arrive damaged or open?
He would not do this on purpose so this may be a situation where you will have to file for the shipping insurance.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugstar70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I paid Don for tracked package. After a while I asked him for the tracking number twice. He did not answer. The reason is that used a cheap trackless service for almost half the price. I am really disappointed by his practice. Have bought several times from the US and it haven't happened before. So I hope that Don is thinking and worrying about his reputation as a trusted seller.
And yes, I wrote him emails before going public.

So thanks Mr. DONALD HEIGHT : no tracking number, no damage, no insurance, no part that I paid for but less money!!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying but all international packages from the USA have a tracking # and automatic insurance.

But this is not full tracking and not full insurance if it was a valuable item so you have a legitimate complaint if you requested and paid for those shipping upgrades.

Hopefully he will respond to you and solve these issues.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ncstagger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a bay shifter extension from Don. Great communication. The part arrived today in great shape, well packed, very fast shipping. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks Don.

Resto thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549162

"Take your most realistic time frame and dollar amount.. then add half of that amount. When you get that total... double it. Only then will you be in the ballpark." - sofaking
vwcru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugstar, are you serious? Do you thing I would take the time to ship you a empty box all the way to Germany. COME ON MAN! Sounds like your neighbor or your customs agent got you, but I will do my part to find out what happened. Lets start at the top. What part did your order and what is your full name and shipping address. I never got a email from you saying you got a empty box. Please email me directly at [email protected]. thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
t-1 speedster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Blue 6V Coil Reply with quote

I had a very good experience with Don. The product was as described and in good working order. Very fast delivery too. Thanks don.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwcru wrote:
Bugstar, are you serious? Do you thing I would take the time to ship you a empty box all the way to Germany. COME ON MAN! Sounds like your neighbor or your customs agent got you, but I will do my part to find out what happened. Lets start at the top. What part did your order and what is your full name and shipping address. I never got a email from you saying you got a empty box. Please email me directly at [email protected]. thanks

Gotta go with vwcru on this one- as I sent a package thru Phoenix that languished for 4 days till Fed-ex started an investigation then it miraculous reappearance on to address was an empty box. SO shit happens and I was out the cost. BUT there was LOTS of communication and work went into it- not just a bad posting on feedback- so get with the program Bugstar-

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugstar70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Hi Don Reply with quote

Hi Don,
I sent you an email, again. Actually it is not my way to go public, but an empty box and no shipping insurane for an internationall package, doesn't look fine.
I paid 40$ for the item +25$ for the tracked package. You wrote on the package that it has a total value of 5$.
Your reaction to ignore my email is also not the best way.
But at least you are interested in having a good reputation here on Samba.
Hope you think about a solution!
Fabian
vwcru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In good faith I have refunded Bugstar70 in FULL for his part and shipping costs. This is the first time I have had parts ( hi jacked) in mid shipping, but I guest it's a first time or everything. I don't fault anyone but the person who took the part. No hard feelings Bugstar70. Don
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don bought some pieces from me. Fast payment, no problems.
bobmac57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought from Don a few different times. I bought a shifter extension and a couple of radio knob sets. Everything has been great, nice packaging, quick shipping, and I hope to buy from Don again. Thank you!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 22

Jump to: